Chapter 4- To Sustain

Anxiety filled the room as Joong-ki and Mei Xing were witnessing the scene of Chunhua who was now groaning in pain on the room floor. She held onto her chest trying to control her breathing but her resistance seemed to be worsening the situation. But nevertheless, Chunhua excepted her fate that lies before her and was fully prepared to say her goodbyes.

 Mei-Xing’s POV

 “ M-Mei- Xing...” Chunhua-jiějiě tried to speak to me even though she could hardly even breathe,” I need you to go with Joong-ki so that... so that he can take care of you *gasp*...” Her pain was now escalating and I could see that the pain was hurting her at an unbearable rate, “... he will be able to look after you and care for you... ”

 “NO! Chunhua -jiějiě No!!! , ” my heart was now beating really fast and it felt as if it was going to burst from fear... Imagine living throughout your life loving only one person, knowing only one person, caring for only one person, having a decent conversation with only one person in your entire life...only to watch them die before your very eyes.

 “LI MEI-XING!!!,” Chunhua said my name through a voice that was mixed with both anger and sadness, “Joong-ki Oppa will take you someplace safe and he will teach you, guide you, protect you and he will also improve you with your martial arts training to defend yourself, not that you need any help... hehe,” Chunhua-jiejie gave out a small laugh.

 Seriously... she is on the verge of dying and she has time to laugh -__-

 I was crying and begging her not to leave me. Even though she told me that I needed to prepare for this dreadful day, I still couldn’t accept her separating from me... I love my Chunhua-jiejie sooo muchT^T

 Her breathing became a little focused now, “ Mei-Xing... Saranghaeyo ^_^” she tried to lift her shivering hand to touch my face but couldn’t because it was going to take too much effort, so instead...I got hold of her hand and after placing a gentle kiss on it, I positioned the palm of her hand on my right cheek. She continued speaking softly... “ Before I go... I need you to make the vow...” she was speaking to Joong-ki who was kneeling down in my opposite direction in close distance to assist Chunhua.

 A vow? o.O hmm... I wonder what this “vow” is?

 He just simply nodded his head and spoke the following words...

 On this night, I invoke the

 Powers of thy ancestors to protect me

 From all that would harm me.

 Whether physically, mentally,

 Or emotionally.

 With this Two moon ring

 Protection I lay...

 To guard Mei-Xing

 Both night and day.

 He then handed me a ring that had a red centred gem... but the gem changed its colour to black as soon as it was placed on my fingers.

 “That’s weird...” I muttered after noticing the change in colour of the ring, I had a puzzled expression on my face and Chunhua noticed it.

 “Someday everything will make perfect sense, so for now, express amusement at all the confusion, smile through all the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. There was not a single moment of regret by me spending and utilising my powers to sustain my life force long enough to watch you grow into the powerful girl that you already are. And also with the last of my sustaining ablity... I already placed a neck charm on that little wolf of yours so that it can never grow old and will be able to take care of you... ”