Chapter 75

Chapter 75

_The Divinity Court of the Guardian Kingdom _

Hidden above the floating surface of a sacred Nimbus cloud, an infamous Guardian Council remained hidden from the eyes of both mortal and supernatural beings alike.

The benevolent kingdom was all about white marble arches, white marble columns, white painted walls, white carpeted floors, white crystal chandeliers, white clothing attire, white flowing rivers that mouthed into falling waterfalls that sparkled into the depths of the monstrous cotton cloud, generating its magic to keep it afloat the vast sky.

Ming was dressed in a beautiful black crystal ball gown, its hefty length stretching metres behind her as she gracefully walked down the aisle of a blindingly white carpet. Ever celestial creature bowed to her as she walked past them. Her presence could never go unnoticed in the kingdom. Everything about her was contrasting, her dark dress, her dark eyes, and her dark feathers of her wings.

Two griffons- a creature with the wings and head of an eagle, but with the body of a lion- stood in front of the Courtroom doors as guards.

Upon Ming's presence, they bowed. And as always, Ming went to each of them, and lightly brushed the feathers on their heads, their neon eyes turning into crescents as they smiled at her kindness.

"I am here to see the council. Could you please let me in?" Ming asked the griffons.

The griffons bowed in answer. With a push of each of their wings, the giant doors opened up and revealed the Divine Guardian Courtroom.

Because it was late in the evening and the council weren't allowed to leave the premises of the court, the interior of the room would magically change from a justifying court room, to a royal dinner room with a long dinner table decked with foods and fruits beyond measure. The Guardian Council were as you expected, they were strong and powerful beings like Ming, their royal affluence evidently showing in their garments of golden jewellery and fine silk. They had wings that looked like they were formed from a cloud, very ghostly shaped. Cupid-sized angels fluttered about in waiter uniforms, serving the many councilmen and councilwomen that were too engrossed in their meals to have even noticed that the royal princess, Ming has even arrived.

After an interval of laughter erupting throughout the entire dinner table, one of the councilmen finally noticed Ming's presence.

"Princess." one of the councilmen smiled at Ming.

"Good evening, guardian councillors of the Divine Court." Ming greeted and bowed her head slightly.

"Good evening Your Majesty." some of them greeted, and thus without even standing up from their seats.

Ming tried her best to maintain her smile. They were purposefully doing this to her, testing her, seeing if she would dare to say anything about their behaviour.

"Please, have a seat and join us." the leading councilmen gestured for Ming to sit at the head of the table.

Ming fisted her hands slightly. The head of the table used to be her father's seat. No one had the right to just simply sit in it.

Ming faked a smile in return. "Thank you, but I won't be taking much of your time. I came here to make an announcement."

The Guardian council stopped eating their meals and waited for the princess to say what it was that she wanted to announce.

This was it...thought Ming.

For all these years, Ming has held back her emotions to the guardian council. She could never tell them or anyone about how she felt. Her father was so strongly against the feelings that she had for Chanyeol that he forced her out of Star Fall Academy just so that she and Chanyeol could be separated. But no more. The past few weeks she spent back at the Academy was tortuous. Chanyeol could not even look her in the eye and she could not even do the same. It was only until yesterday, that Taeyong said that Chanyeol would do whatever it takes to get her back to him. He still loved her, and he was going to find a way to save her from any arranged marriages that the council had planned for her.