Chapter 71

Chapter 71

_SFA_Potions and Bio_20:03pm

It was Monday, a new week for Mei-Xing.

The first thing that happened when Mei-Xing entered her class was her eyes landing on each and every member in the classroom. Ming and Taeyong weren't there... and even more sadly, neither was Luhan.

Perhaps he left SFA for good and he is never coming back...thought Mei-Xing.

Mei-Xing's eyes fell upon Kris's gaze as he sat in the middle row next to Sehun and Chen. He looked away as soon as Mei-Xing caught him staring.

Mei-Xing could see Kai wave at one end of the classroom. All the seats around him were taken. He shrugged sadly.

Mei-Xing walked into the classroom, but then she stopped midway when her eyes fell upon Xiumin adjusting the mows of his vamp shirt, exposing his arms.

Mei-Xing clutched her books tightly as a memory filled her mind.

Mei-Xing picked up a wooden splint from the ground and took a swing at the demon. It was as if the world slowed down, and Mei-Xing watched as the red eyed demon jumped backwards and when the demon's cloak lifted, Mei-Xing could see the blue glow of an elemental mark just below his left forearm.

Mei-Xing's eyes rounded. "You are not a real demon." Mei-Xing gasped. "Who are you?"

The so-called demon glared at Mei-Xing.

"Ms Li Mei-Xing, why aren't you taking your seat?" Professor Yoochun's voice was heard.

Mei-Xing quickly snapped out of her daze and she looked up to see Jaejoong Sensei standing beside Professor Yoochun in front of the class.

"Oh, Sorry. Good evening Professor. And Jaejoong sensei." Mei-Xing bowed and apologised. Snow was trailing next to her, and he growled at anyone that looked at him.

She gulped. Her eyes were scanning the arms and hands of every one of her classmates. Just like Xiumin- Chanyeol, Tao, Suho and even D.O had their sleeves rolled up. But no elemental marks were glowing because they weren't using their powers as of yet. It only showed when they were in the act of using their powers.

Mei-Xing took her seat beside Sehun and Chen.

Sehun moved uncomfortably in his seat.

Sehun tried to keep his calm, but the page he held in his hand was shaking like a leaf. Sehun tensed for Mei-Xing's nearness and his eyes immediately began to search for an open seat anywhere within the room. His eyes landed on the open seat that was meant for Luhan but then the seat got occupied when Snow made him comfortable and he fell asleep on it.

Sehun gulped nervously. His eyes slowly turned back to look at Mei-Xing, and then towards the box strapped to her back.

Just keep calm, and pretend you don't know anything...thought Sehun.

Sehun pulled his notebook closer to him, and he subtly kept his distance. Sehun had not told anyone what he had seen. He did not even know that he was the first to see anything at all. He feared that if he told anyone about what was inside the box, Mei-Xing would find out and take revenge on him.

Jaejoong sensei cleared his throat before speaking. "I'm going to make this announcement simple and quick. Star Fall Academy has stricken their rules for the safety of students. Please abide by them as students who break these laws shall be severely punished and won't be able to participate in any of the Academy's functions. In fair measure, the Academy Dome has been re-initiated. I'm sure you all know what that means?" Jaejoong sensei raised a brow.