Chapter 15

(Flashback: Hebi Formation! - Part 1; Age: 16)

I slowly open my eyes to a now familiar dim atmosphere. I sit up and freeze in place. What I saw before me was truly disgusting. A large, brown snake body was lying on the ground, with blood pooling around it. I was mesmerized by the sight. Who could have done something like this?

"...You're awake?" A familiar voice says. "If you can move, get up and follow me."

"F-follow you...?" I question.

In the distance, I see two Sharingan eyes. I knew immediately that it was Sasuke who had spoken before.

He slowly made his way towards me, and then suddenly stopped when he was looking straight down at me. He offered his hand to me and I took it, but me being so stupid, I fell for his trick and he swung me over his shoulder again.

"Stop doing that!" I say.

"...I have to do it," He then started to walk somewhere. "Or else you won't follow me."

"Who said that I wouldn't follow you? And where the hell are we going?!"

Sasuke doesn't say anything else and just keeps on walking with me in a tight grip.

********

We eventually reach Sasuke's destination: the underground area of Orochimaru's Hideout. He pressed a button on a panel and the metal doors opened.

The scenery felt like as if I was inside a hospital. Medical equipment was visible as far as the eye could see, but what caught my eye was the weird looking white thingy in a huge water based test tube.

The thing looked at us. It seemed so that it had a face with bright purple eyes and sharp looking teeth.

"Sasuke! Long time no see!" It said, putting its hands on the glass.

Sasuke looked at the thing. "Suigetsu..."

I looked at Suigetsu, but then suddenly realized that he was completely naked. I saw something I didn't want to see and blush in embarrassment, covering my face with my hands.

"Sasuke, who's the chick?" Suigetsu asks, swimming in the water.

"...Worry about her later." Sasuke says while going to a control panel on the other side of the room. He then pressed a button, opening the water tube, releasing the water inside along with Suigetsu.

"Took you long enough." Suigetsu says, fixing his composure.

"Get dressed. Quickly." Sasuke said, getting impatient.

"You're as bossy as ever." Suigetsu said while he put his clothes on and put a giant sword on his back.

"Follow me, Suigetsu. I need your strength." Sasuke said.

"Sure, so long as I don't get in another tube again." Suigetsu replied.

Sasuke then walked to where Suigetsu is, but stopped in front of him. He put his hands on my waist and put me in Suigetsu's arms, carrying me bridal style.

"...You carry her." Sasuke said while turning around and started to walk out of room.

"What are you standing around for?" I say to Suigetsu. "Follow him."

"You're bossy too? Geez, I can't catch a break..." Suigetsu said, running to catch up to Sasuke.

********

"So..." Suigetsu says, breaking an awkward silence. "Where are we going?"

"...To the Southern Hideout," Sasuke said. "We need to go get Karin."

"Karin, huh?" Suigetsu tightens his grip on me. "Interesting choice..."

"...We need as many people as possible, or else we can't achieve our goal."

"And what goal is that?"

"...You'll find out soon enough."