Chapter 13

(Flashback: Mission to Bring Sasuke Back! - Final; Age: 16)

"...Do you really think kicking me will solve anything?" Sasuke says.

"Let me go!" I say, still kicking him. "I... I won't stop until you let me go!"

Sasuke ignores me again and looks at Orochimaru, who looked deep in thought.

"...They're here." Orochimaru said. "Kabuto, take the new guy and deal with them."

"Yes, sir." Kabuto says, exiting the room with Sai following close behind.

"Sai!" I say, pounding on Sasuke's back. "Get back here!"

'Sai...' I thought. 'I... I trusted you...'

********

"They're coming, Sasuke..." Orochimaru said before slithering out of the room.

Sasuke stayed silent like usual, until a certain blonde ninja bursted in the room, along with his team members.

"Sasuke!" Naruto said. "Let Y/N go! She has nothing to do with this!"

"Naruto!" I say, reaching out for him.

Sasuke turns to look at Naruto. "So, you found someone to replace me? Hmph, Idiot..."

Naruto became inraged. "Sasuke! Are you listening to me?!"

Sasuke walks over to Naruto, still gripping me tightly.

"You really are an idiot..." Sasuke whispers in Naruto's ear.

"Sasuke..." Orochimaru says, entering the room  with Kabuto.

Sasuke turns back around and walks over to where Orochimaru and Kabuto are.

"...Let's go," Sasuke says. "I have no more business here."

"Wait, Sasuke!" Naruto said, running towards Sasuke and me.

"Naruto!" I say, reaching out for him again.

"Y/N! Grab my hand!" Naruto says, extending his arm for me to grab his hand.

Naruto could almost reach me, but it was too late. Orochimaru had already warped us to a different hideout.

I think back to what I said before all this chaos happened.

"I'll come back, Gaara. I promise."

A tear went down my cheek when I thought of Gaara. The promise that I made was never kept.

'I'm sorry, Gaara,' I thought to myself. 'It looks like I won't be coming back after all...'