Chapter 18

Before I knew it, the sun went over the horizon and the night sky was as black as ever. The full moon smiled over the Village Hidden in the Sand while the white stars shimmered. The temperature outside dropped and the grainy sand wouldn't move around as much as it did when the sun would scorch over the village.

Gaara and I were in our bedroom, getting ready for the next day. He was sitting at the edge of our bed, waiting for me to join him. I began to strip out my everyday clothes, but I felt his eyes on me when I did so.

"Y-you don't have to watch..." I say flustered as I quickly grab my night clothes and put them on.

His cheeks tinted pink. "...Can I not look at my wife?"

"Well, when you put it like that..."

I go to where he was and I straddle him. My arms wrap around his neck and my legs go around his waist. He puts his hands on my waist hesitantly. He would always be so shy when it came to intamacy.

"You can look all you want now..." I whisper in his ear, trying to be sexy.

His lips collided with mine. "I... like whatever this is."

"It's always good to do something new." I fondle with his red hair.

He pulled me closer. "Now... I'll have something to look forward to when I come home."

My face flushed. "Gaara..."

His thumbs trace circles on my waist. "I... always try to get my paperwork done so I can see my family."

"Well, don't rush yourself," I say. "We look forward to seeing you too."

I begin to think back when we were separated. I would always think about him, even when we were so far away from each other. But when we did unite, it was like the worst nightmare I could ever have. I was already a hostage to Sasuke Uchiha, but the candle just began to burn when the Taka infiltrated the Land of Iron...