Chapter 17

(Flashback: Hebi Formation! - Final; Age: 16)

It took us awhile, but we eventually made it to the Northern Hideout where Jugo apparently was. Due to Suigetsu 'needing' a break what felt like every five minutes, we didn't get there as soon as Sasuke wanted, but he should at least be thankful that we made it.

I think back to when we had our first break. That break made me think twice about Jugo...

We stopped running and make it to a heavily forested area. Sasuke released his grip on my wrist while I catch my breath as my lungs screamed for oxygen.

"Ugh, I'm tired of running," Suigestu complained. "It's just trudge, trudge, trudge, everywhere we go."

"Sasuke," Karin breathes out. "I don't know what your plans are, but do you really need Jugo?"

"What are you trying to say?" Sasuke says, still looking forward.

"He's too dangerous," She puts her hands on her hips. "If you're going to rethink this, you'd better do it now."

"What makes you think he's so dangerous anyway?" Suigestu asks.

Karin looks at Suigestu. "...Did you know that he came and let Orochimaru capture him... on purpose?"

"I heard rumors, yeah. It made me think he was a nutcase, but..."

"Orochimaru's hideout is like a sanctuary for him," She adjusted her glasses. "He wants to be 'fixed'."

"'Fixed'?" Suigestu places a hand on his hip. "What's wrong with him?"

Karin sighs. "He wanted to repress his ever growing, seemingly, bottomless... out of control 'impulse to kill'."

"A killer, huh? So what? That just means he loves to fight."

"No, you don't understand. He usually has his unusual impulse well under control. But when he loses it, he transforms into a ruthless killer."

Suigestu crosses his arms. "Hmph, the things some people hide..."

"But to Orochimaru," Karin continues. "Jugo's ability was... enticing. From Jugo's body fluids, he invented an enzyme that induced the same condition as other ninja."

"An... enzyme?"

"I'm sure you know where I'm going here. I'm talking about... the 'Curse Mark'."

Karin and Suigetsu turned to face Sasuke. To their surprise, he was facing them too.

"The Curse Mark...?" Suigetsu questions. "But that's... Hey Sasuke, didn't he give you...?"

Sasuke ignores him and grabs my wrist again. He throws me over his shoulder once more. "...We don't have time to waste on all this talking. Come on, we're going."

"H-hey!" I say, infuriated with the Uchiha male. "Stop it! Put me down right now!"

"Wait! Sasuke..." Suigetsu says, but Sasuke continues to ignore the people that care about him.

A chill ran down my spine as I remembered Karin and Suigestu's conversation. Now I'm thinking I really don't want to see Jugo...

"The Northern Hideout," Suigetsu says, pulling me back into reality. "Finally!"

Sasuke stays silent and puts me in Suigetsu's arms, carrying me bridal style again.

"Stop tossing me around!" I shout. "I'm not an object!"

"Come on," Sasuke says, ignoring me for the millionth time. "We're going."

I sigh. Nothing I say will get into the Uchiha's head...

********

"There's nobody here," Suigetsu says when we reach more illuminated hallways. "Was the Northern Hideout always like this?"

"No," Karin said. "It shouldn't be..."

Suddenly, we hear a man's voice making moaning sounds.

"Huh? Who's that?" Suigetsu questions as he grips me tighter.

Karin gets into a defensive position. "That voice... And this chakra..."

All of us look forward to find an orange haired man wearing a baby blue prisoner garb. He was limping and came to a sudden stop.

"Jugo..." Karin says.

"Ughhh...." Jugo puts a hand on his head. "Who... are you...?"

"Jugo, there's someone who wants to talk to you."

"Talk... to me...?"

Sasuke approaches Jugo, but keeps at a distance. "Come with me, Jugo. I need your power."

"Go... with you?"

Jugo then turns into what looked like a half animal hybrid, laughing historically. "You FOOL! I'm not following anyone! I'm my own man! All I'm gonna do is enjoy the destruction!"

"It's no good!" Karin said. "He's gone completely wild."

"I won't be bound by anyone! I'll crush anything I want!"

"...Even Kimimaro?" Sasuke says out of the blue.

Jugo slowly returned to normal. "Kimimaro... You're... Sasuke Uchiha?"

"I will become your cage if you snap. I will stop you."

Jugo looked up at Sasuke. "You'll... stop me? What can you do? The only one who could stop my urges was Kimimaro..."

"Kimimaro?" Suigetsu asks. "You mean of the Kaguya clan?"

"Right," Karin jumps in. "He was favored by Orochimaru and he was the only person Jugo would open up to... Kimimaro was also strong. When Jugo was on one of his rampages, Kimimaro was the only one who could stop him without hurting him."

"...Kimimaro died for me," Sasuke says. "He's gone."

"He said you'd be a vessel to take his place," Jugo said, talking to Sasuke. "You'd be his reincarnation..."

"I'll say it one more time. Come with me."

Jugo hesitates, but responds. "...All right. You are Kimimaro's reincarnation... He gave his life for you... I want to see how great a ninja you really are."

With all team members found, Sasuke officially named us 'Team Hebi', and we only had one objective: To find & eliminate the infamous Itachi Uchiha...