The Trouble

Staring at the paper made Sophie's heart flutter and her mind wander to a certain boy with ice blue eyes and a smirk that made her melt a bit inside. She wasn't a very good artist, but she could still recognize Keefe staring up at her from her notebook. She knew that she should focus, but her mind kept wandering back to Keefe. 

Where was he now? What was he doing?

Was he thinking about her like she was thinking about him?

She sighed, knowing it was unrealistic to expect Keefe to think of her as anything more than a friend. Still, she could dream.

"Miss Foster!" Lady Cadence's sharp voice yanked her back into the dim classroom at the top of the Silver Tower. "Do you believe yourself to be above this lesson?" She snapped.

Sophie shoved her notebook under her arm and looked up at her glaring Linguistics Mentor, "No ma'am, I'm sorry," She mumbled, trying to shove her notebook into her bag without drawing any attention to it.

Lady Cadence sniffed and grabbed the notebook, "Well, since you seem to have" She paused to look at Sophie's drawing, "More important things to think about than this lesson, you can continue to think about them in detention tomorrow," She flipped Sophie's notebook around so that she was forced to look at the picture of the boy she adored. Against her better judgement, she smiled.

Lady Cadence noticed her apparent lack of remorse and said, "Is that punishment not enough for you, Miss Foster?" She questioned, her voice dripping with falseness. Sophie gulped.

"No, I was just thinking about something else, I'm really sorry," Sophie looked away from her notebook. Funny of Keefe to get her in trouble like this. Classic Keefe.

"Well, since your mind seems to be wandering  often, maybe you can take some time to collect yourself. In detention. For the next month," She glared at Sophie, who was about to protest, but closed her mouth at the last second.

"Yes, ma'am," She finally surrendered.