Snooping

When Sophie and Keefe stepped onto the front pasture at Havenfield and both of them realized that Keefe had no intentions of dropping her hand, or letting her drop his again, they walked toward the front door with linked fingers. As she pushed open the front door, she prayed her parents hadn't come home early.

Sophie didn't really know what to do with Keefe, so she leaned against the counter and was about to offer him food before she realized that Edaline conjured everything that they ate here. With no safety to be found in eating at this little get-together, Sophie not-so-discreetly asked him what he wanted to do.

"Got any hidden rooms or secret doors in the mysterious Foster household," He asked, peering around as if he would be able to suddenly see something interesting in the sparse foyer.

Sophie immediately wished to retract the words as soon as she said, "Edaline's office is pretty cool" The office was also pretty near off-limits. Keefe perked right up and said, "Second floor?" Sophie silently nodded and meekly followed as he took the stairs two at a time.

"Wow, thats a lot of dusty chests," Keefe remarked upon entering the room. Sophie neglected to mention that she had searched these chests for items that belonged to Jolie before. She usually tried to forget that section of her existence.

To Sophie's horror, Keefe started flipping open chests at random, probably hoping to uncover prime pranking materials or maybe a gulon. Finally he found something that piqued his interest and Sophie slogged over to stand next to him. laying in front of them was a small stack of scrolls labelled with the official stamp of the Matchmakers. Sophie wished she would die on the spot as Keefe picked one up.

"We shouldn't snoop," Sophie mumbled weakly, regretting her offer to invite Keefe over.

"It's fine, Foster," He waved a hand before returning to grapple with the ribbon on the scroll, "They'll never even know. Now if I could just get this dang ribbon off," He muttered.

Finally, the scroll unfurled, just in time for Sophie to realize something. She had already seen Jolie's scrolls, so these had to be-

"Grady matched with Lady Zeb?" Keefe snorted as he read to words. Sophie was at Keefe's side in an instant, totally ready to snoop now.

"Really?" Sophie giggled, looking down, sort of surprised to find Vika Heks an his list too. poor Grady.

Sophie would have been content to look at all of her parents match lists had the front door not opened and Sophie realized that they were in the worst possible place they could be.