Cornhole Boards

"You know," Sophie began as she and Keefe crossed the room with their arms full of supplies, "I had always figured cornhole was a human game," Keefe looked up briefly from hammering two pieces of wood together.

"Well, it only caught on for humans because they were too dull to realize how boring of a party game it was," He laughed, and Sophie reveled in the sound

"But I love cornhole!" Sophie remarked, remembering how she used to play it with her family in San Diego before, well, before everything happened.

The smile faded from her face, and she turned back to building another board.

"Hey, Foster," Keefe whispered, getting very close to her face, "I know this probably dredges up memories from your time with humans that you may not want to think about, but I just want you to know I've been in similar situations, and I'll be here if you need to talk," Sophie didn't know what to make of him as he went back to hammering.

Finally, the bell rang, and Sophie wandered off in a trance. Keefe had never been so real with her before, she didn't know what to do with his offer of support, especially with how she felt about him.

For the rest of the day, all she could wonder was, did he have feelings for her?