Day 2

Sophie turned another corner in the Foxfire halls on her way to the detention room. Instead of the empty hallways she had been greeted with for the rest of the trip, she spotted Keefe making his way towards detention too. She debated whether or not to call out to him because he was much farther up the hallway then her. She made her decision.

"Hey! Keefe!" she yelled and did a short sprint to catch up with him. He turned around at the sound of his name and smiled when he saw her make her way over to him.

"Hey Foster, ready for another day of detention?" he said to her.

"I don't think I'll ever be. Do you know who will be our mentor today?" she responded.

"I broke into Dame Alina's office and-" Sophie cut him off.

"No wonder you always have detention!" she told him.

"Anyway, I got the calendar of detention mentors. Today is supposed to be Sir Verdieu. I hear he usually teaches drawing lessons to students in detention. He thinks we're all troubled and if we channel our feelings into drawing we won't act out and end up in detention." Keefe explains.

Sophie remembers the drawing of Keefe hidden in her bag that got her put in detention. 

"Woah Foster, those aren't the emotions I would expect when someone hears about their detention plans." Keefe said to her.

Sophie had to look away from his ice blue eyes and averted her gaze to the floor watching her feet go one in front of the other as she struggled to find a response.