Day 1

Sophie pushed the door open and walked into the detention room for the first day of her month long detention sentence. She glanced over and saw that the mentor in charge of detention today would be Lady Zeb meaning today's brand of detention torture would be making cornhole boards for next week's picnic brunch.

The room was occupied with familiar faces from her last trip to detention. Of course, sitting in his usual spot was Keefe Sencen. 

Seeing him reminded her of why she was here in the first place. Now she wondered why he was here (this time). She looked down at her bag to make sure the notebook was hidden away to ensure he would never find out why she was here though.

She made eye contact with Keefe and he waved her over. She crossed the room and plopped into the seat next to him, dropping her bag onto the ground.

Detention didn't start for another few minutes so they took the opportunity to chat. 

"Hey Foster, I'm a little surprised to see you here again so soon. You missed me that bad?" Keefe teased while he displayed his signature smirk.

Sophie rolled her eyes willing herself not to blush because of the truth behind his comment. "You wish Keefe. More like Lady Cadence and her not so secret grudge against me." 

"Well, how long will I get to enjoy your company for?" he questioned.

She resisted the urge to pull an eyelash out while thinking about how much time she would be spending with Keefe in the near future. "I'll be here for the next month." she admits.

The corner of Keefe's lip curled up and Sophie let out a giggle at his response. 

"Wow Foster, that's quite an achievement." he teased, his ice blue eyes sparkling as he did so. 

"Students! Detention has begun!" Lady Zeb's raspy voice boomed across the room. "That means that it is time to begin assembling the cornhole boards. Please select a partner and come up to the front to collect your supplies."