xiv.

"Mira..."

"They first met at the hospital when Taehyung's friend visited him. Mira was the first new friend Taehyung had after he lost his memory."

"She was the one who made an effort to help Taehyung recover.

She would always be there for him in times of trouble."

She sounded so great.

And better...

Better than me.

"She was beside him in his darkest days," Mrs. Kim continued.

"I was relieved, knowing that someone was there to make him happy in a way where even atleast a percent would lessen the pain he was feeling back then," she sighed.

"Taehyung was happy..." I felt my chest get heavy. My heart was cracking.

The fact that someone else made him happy drained my hope.

"...Mira.. is Taehyung's girlfriend."

I bit my lip and forced a smile as I nodded. "Oh okay.."

"My Taehyung is happy, but Saerin-ah," she paused and smiled at me, "I still thank you for being a part of his past. I know you made him happy for years he was with you."

I felt my eyes watering, but managed to smile once again. "I'm more thankful for your son, eommonim."

"I should go now, it's getting late," I stood up and exited Taehyung's room.

Mrs. Kim escorted me to the front door and gave me a few more words.

"Saerin," she called for the last time.

"I hope you don't blame yourself for everything that happened before. Everything happens for a reason."

I nodded before leaving.

I couldn't.

I'm the only one to blame.

I walked unsteadily as I made my way to the elevator, still holding back the tears.

I don't want to look crazy in the streets, crying while walking. I don't want to get strange looks from strangers.

The elevator stopped at the lowest floor and I got out.

I saw a familiar face and our eyes met.

For me, it was like time stopped.

He politely bowed at me with a smile and walked past me.

But for him, I was just a stranger.

I stopped my pace and stood steadily there.

.. Taehyung,

Taehyung.

Someone wake me up from this nightmare.

I wish he would just tell me this is all just a show — and that he waited.

If this was a movie, Taehyung would've turned around and hugged me, but it's reality.

He doesn't even know me.

(n.)

Taehyung waited for as long as he could, but fate was cruel for letting that accident happen.