xlix

Jimin's POV

"Are you blind?" I scoffed.

"What are you talking about-"

"Do you know how much Saerin loves you?" I felt like I was breaking my own heart with my own words.

He opened his mouth to say something but not a single word came out of his lips.

"Oh, right. Of course, you don't. How pathetic."

"What are you talking about." His dark eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Can't you see? She loves you. The way she smiles at you. The way she looks at you in the way I wanted her to look at me, man don't be insensitive."

"I-" He was sure at a loss of words.

"Do you love her as much as she loves you, No." I rolled my eyes.

"You have a girlfriend, right? So stop giving Saerin false hopes."

"She's waiting. She's hoping. Hoping you'd love her the same way you loved her like before." I wasn't holding anything back anymore.

"Do you know how tired I am of seeing her cry? Only because of the same old reason. Only because of you. She's trying, can't you see?"

"I bet you don't."

"You only love the idea of her loving you."

"Honestly, I was glad to see her happy - even if it's because of someone else. But when she cried because of the same guy who made her happy? I'm not fine about that."

"I thought I could endure the pain just to see her happy. Even with someone else." I sighed as silence took over.

"I wanted her to love me the way she loved you. But for her happiness, I took that desire down..." I paused, "but you?"

"What did you do with her love? You played with her heart."

"Maybe you just don't deserve her," Taehyung snapped.

"Yeah, but most of all.. you don't." I landed a punch on him.

Saerin's POV

I ran towards the two who were fighting. "Yah! Stop!"

I separated them and breathed heavily. "What are you two doing? You're like middle-graders fighting."

I turned to Taehyung who was on the ground, lips bleeding.

"Are you okay?"

Jimin clapped his hands sarcastically, "Right, right. You are in love with a guy who doesn't even know your worth."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"I loved you, Saerin. So much that I let you go because I know I'm not enough to make you happy."

"I was there when you cried, quietly comforting you until you forget about Taehyung. Until you forget about the pain. Although doing it is painful to even me myself."

"I always wished your sadness could just be transferred to me. And I think my wish was granted - I just didn't notice."

"I loved you. And that's where I went wrong." A deep sigh escaped out of his trembling lips, also bleeding.

"I'm sorry I love you." His anger turned into tears as he walked away.

I stood there, frozen and in daze of everything that's happening.

I glanced at Taehyung who was on the ground, wiping the blooded corner of his lips.

I helped him stand up as I assisted him to sit down on the passenger's seat of his car.

"Key," I mumbled and he obediently gave the car key to me.