pain ends with love

We've been receiving so much love and support from readers who have finished the book! This isn't enough to repay you but it's the least we can do. Since some of you are curious what happened after the last scene, here is a little gift from stfvllnv and I! 즐기세요!

SAERIN'S POV

I sit on the ground, staring into the horrifying yet mesmerizing scenery of a cliff that overlooked the city. It's been six years, and life had pretty much turned around in a way I never expected to happen.

Everything was quiet, except the sound of crickets lingering in the nearby forest, and I just dearly miss this place. It's been quite a long time since I last came here, but I still remember every bit of that scenery that never slipped out of my head.

The loveliest scenery, which leads me to where I am now. Alone, yet smiling. It's too bad that nobody's sitting next to me right now. I miss him badly, it's been a year since I held him. What are the odds, I'm not with him at this place. 

I'm alone now, but... I'm not. There are stars, the moon, the comforting silence. Not before I heard footsteps from behind, which caused me to turn around.

He smiled at me with a little boy in his arms. "Jimin, you're here."

"Little Hyun wanted to see you one last time before we go." He says, handing over the two-year old.

"Hyun-ah, be nice to your dad, okay? Grow up and be a good boy, I'll miss you baby." I kissed the boy's cheek which made him grin wider before he nods.

"Me too, auntie." He hugs me tight before I return him to Jimin.

"Oh. Daddy, I forgot Dubu in the car." The young boy runs off to the parking area which was near the entrace of the mountain park. Jimin only watches, probably knowing he surely won't go anywhere else.

All that's left were Jimin and I. We had an awkward exchange of gazes before we chuckled and began to talk.

"Isn't this a little..." He begins, still giggling.

After a little laugh, we finally got into our senses and began for real. "Jimin.."

"Hmm?" He's still the same as he was before, so much care in every single action. Nothing changed, even when he got married and had a son.

He still had the look in his eyes that made me feel safe, and there was still love - but it's not the same stare she gives his newfound soulmate. She fixed him, so she deserved him.

Jimin was the same guy I met in my young summers, the affectionate, understanding, sincere Jimin. But at least, this time, I didn't have to see the pain in his eyes. He was happy.

"I... don't know what to say." I chuckle a little, "but honestly, all I want to say is..."

"I want you to be happy."

"I want you to live a life only with happiness and never pain, because... that's what you deserve." I smile.

He smiles at me but says nothing. I speak once again, "and thank you."

"Ah, I only get to say this now since you're leaving. But, really... thank you. For everything."

"Thank you for being there when I needed a shoulder to lean on. You were always there for me, even when all I did was hurt you," I look away, still with the guilt that disturbed me since then.

"I told you a hundred times, everything is fine, let's forget that already," he smiles. "All I want to remember are our happy memories."

"I was only doing what my mother taught me of love. Selflessness." His eyes look up at the stars.

"Just like how the stars still light up the sky even if they know they'll have to explode in the end."

"Live a happy life, okay? Promise me." I hold out a pinky finger.

He intertwines his finger with mine, smiling, "I promise."

After exchanging countless smiles, he leaves with a smile I'll never forget. Even if we never meet again, I will always remember the man who went through so much pain just for me to find my happiness.

And now, I sit alone again, on the lonely cliff where only silence lingered.

I'm alone now, but I'm not.

My phone rings, so I quickly take it out of my coat's pocket. "Hello?"

"Saerin, love." The deep voice excites my entire soul, rendering a smile to form on my lips which was a frown one second ago. All the weakness and heavy weight in my chest disappeared during the second I heard his voice.

"Taehyung," I say with obvious joy in my voice. There's nothing happier than hearing the voice of the man you love after a long while.

"Love, I just got off our training. How about you? How are you?" He says through the call.

"It's beautiful here."

"Where are you?" He asks curiously.

"I wish you were here." I look up at the star-dotted night sky. The moon was shining extra brightly and I had only realized now.

"I wish I was too. Just one more month, I'll be beside you, love. Wait for me, we'll meet the winter together." It's been more than a year since he enlisted in the military because every man had to.

I couldn't oppose otherwise. This isn't as long as the ten years I had to wait before getting to meet him again, so I couldn't let him go this time.

However long it was, I would wait, always. If it's for Taehyung.

"Look at the moon, it's bright today." Taehyung says, and I could sense that he was smiling brightly by the tone of his voice.

And I realize - at least, we're standing under the same moon. Just, a little far.