#7

I've never really done this before. I wasn't sure that I actually could, but I over heard 527 bragging about it once. I'm currently standing a small island of green, the ground dipping away into fog. Apparently, everyone's mind looks a little different. I'm now transparent like I was before Seto gave a physical form. The silver mist around me gleams in the not-really-light that surrounds this place.

I guess I should probably do what I'm here to do. My hands dip into the mist when I kneel near the edge of the island. So Dawn hit Adam over the head? Let's start with that. A section of the mist instantly clears and shows Dawn yelling, but I can't hear her words. I'm looking though Adam's eyes. It's his memory that I'm watching. I don't really want to snoop though a mortal's memory like this, but it's the easiest way to figure out what's wrong with him. I watch the argument continue. Dawn finally seems to snap and she throws a small chair at Adam's face. I wince in pain as we 'both' get hit. I can feel it when I'm here.

But the memory doesn't end. Yes, the chair hurt, and made Adam bleed, but that's not what's causing us the most pain. The headache that I had been building for days becomes like a loud roar in my head. Adam hides his head in his hands while I clench my fist and accidentally bite my tongue. My chest aches and burns like I'm on fire. But I know what's happening, or at least Adam does. We both are more then thankful when Adam's vision goes dark.

I jerk away from the memory while I gasp for breath. It wasn't real, it's not my pain, but I still feel the slight burn in my heart. Whatever that was, Adam knew it was happening for a long time. He was trying to hide the smaller attacks of pain from his friends. He knows why it's happening, but doesn't want to stop it. The fight with Dawn finally stressed him out enough to put Adam in a coma like state. But he's going to die if I can't wake him up.

I need to figure out why he's like this. It seems like Adam's had this illness for a long time. His body had been slowly weakening from it. It probably isn't lethal if taken care of right away. Maybe a cures by another demon? Lots of memories pop up for demons, but none have any negative feel to them. I don't even bother to look at them. A birth defect, then? No, it seems like he was a strong a little baby. I decide. No one's around to see how I slightly fawn over an image of Adam as a baby, eyes closed and sucking on his thumb.

How about an allergy? Peanuts and calamari, not unusual. One more memory does pop up. I let it draw me in as I watch from Adam's view. We're looking for something. I feel strong in this memory, not weakening like everything after this. I feel so much self-hatred egging me on to do this. We're deep in a cave. No mobs dare to come near when they feel the aura that Adam has, that pulse of powerful energy that I felt while in the crystal. That's what I hate about myself. I want it gone, I hate the power and where it's from. So I pick up a purple stone, called 'End ore'. You only find at at the end of the world, bedrock. It burns my hand when I touch it. We smile, and take it anyway.

This time I'm yanked from the memory. I wake up coughing and shaking, all wet. My eyes are as wide as plates when I look around. I still shaking when I see Jason standing over me with an empty bucket. I scramble away from him, away from everyone and sit in the corner of the room. I'm still shaking and staring off into space. Adam is not Adam. He's not a mortal at all. What is he doing here? The Dark Lord is coming for him, for the person who broke the powerful demon that I was suppose to be. But I still feel how Adam hates himself, it lingers on the edge of my mind.

I barely register the fact that Jason is shaking me. "Wh-What," I stutter. "Are you ok?", Jason repeats. I nod my head take stock of my surroundings. Ty and Red are still here, the latter with a hand on his dagger. Adam is still unmoving on the bed. "What happened?", Ty asks me, real concern in his voice. I shutter and glance again at Adam. "I know how to heal him", I mumble, "But you should go get Seto". Red seems relieved with something to do, and quickly leaves the room.

I shakily get to my feet. Jason immediately puts his shoulder under my arms and helps him stand. He's a lot kinder then any demon I've met before. He deserves a warning. "Jason.... I think you should stay behind me when Adam wakes up", I say, only loud enough to hear. I let my eyes glow a little brighter, to make him understand that it's a demon thing. He looks confused at why I would be giving him advice, but does as I say. My magic is weakened enough that Jason's aura and mine near each other seems like my normal aura. I feel suddenly protective of the lesser demon. It's a strange feeling to have. Ty is too busy hovering over Adam to notice us. I actually feel bad that he's got no one to share secrets with. Or maybe that who Adam is to him.

"Bodil? Red said that you wanted me", Seto says, walking into the room. "Close the door", I sigh, voice still uneven. Seto raises an eyebrow, but does as I say. I sigh gain before standing straight and striding forwards.

And then I loop a finger around Adam's amulet and pull it off.