Secret Meetings

It's been over a month since you last saw your wolf - yes your wolf - who you've claimed as your special, secret furry friend and plan to keep it that way. The town isn't filled with people who would be as ecstatic to see such a huge creature roaming around, lurking at night in the woods, taking down anything below the food chain, including the towns people.

However, you know different, that the wolf you've seemed to befriend on that fateful stormy night is far more intelligent and docile than any other wild wolf. He isn't a normal wolf but he is no killer that a lot of the people - especially hunters - would deem him to be, eager to shoot him down for whatever reason they claim. This much you know or you'd have been long dead.

You've scoured the woods, not venturing far enough to get lost again, but you hoped you went deep enough and he'd have come out from hiding when he recognized you. You haven't physically seen him but you do feel him, feel his presence and eyes burning into you as you sweep your eyes across the treeline, desperately trying to catch a glimpse but to no avail as he remains well hidden within the shadows.

Sometimes, even closer to the town as you walk around, you can sense him lurking around and following your every move, watching you closely as if he is keeping an eye on you. It feels nice to know that your wolf friend still watches over you and hasn't totally disappeared after saving you that night - though he doesn't allow you to see him. Just knowing he is out there, watching you from a distance, gives you a sense of security.

It's been a few days now since you had also met that man, Jungkook, at the park and spoken with him. He had a shy and almost timid nature about him, accompanied with meek smiles that reached his eyes, slightly crinkling into crescents, and for someone you've just met you felt connected... as if you've already known him from somewhere.

Since your encounter with Jungkook, you hadn't felt your wolf's presence in the woods like before when you went searching, it now felt as if he was creeping around inside the town. Which is extremely odd considering how reluctant he seemed to be getting any closer, except for when he brought you here, and a few other rare occasions when he kept on eye on you closer to the town because you weren't in the woods.

Strangely, it seemed as if your wolf friend had vanished after meeting Jungkook, but not completely, as you could still feel eyes on you but you can never find out where and from whom they were coming from - though Jungkook did give off a similar feeling when you had met... which doesn't make sense.

His eyes when you had looked into them that day were completely mesmerizing, big and innocent yet sharp; they were dark but filled with an overwhelming warmth, as they shone brightly in the afternoon sun, dragging you into their depths.

They somehow reminded you of your wolf.