Trouble

Jungkook halts in his steps and slowly faces his leader, pursing his lips, eyes scanning his face for any signs of anger but Namjoon schools his expression into a neutral one. He tosses one last look your way, watching Jin try his best to help in aiding you. His gaze lingers on you, blinking slowly as he forces himself to move and reluctantly makes his way out of the room with Namjoon.

It's silent as they stand in the hallway, Jungkook keeping his head low while his eyes wander around. He thinks about what to say but finds it harder to do with the way Namjoon is staring at him, gaze unwavering - waiting patiently for him to utter a single word.

But Jungkook doesn't say anything and instead fidgets anxiously in place.

Namjoon realizes Jungkook has nothing to say for the moment and lets out a breath, unfolding his arms to bring a hand to the younger's shoulder, startling Jungkook and causing him to tense up slightly.

"I-I..."

"Kook... what happened?" Namjoon keeps his voice steady and low, gaining Jungkook's attention so he can look into his eyes, squeezing his hand gently in hopes of easing the younger one so he can try to explain.

Jungkook licks his lips and swallows, taking a deep breath. "W-well, I found her and saved her - again," he chuckles but it holds no real amusement, "and then brought her here."

"Yes, I can see that. But I need a little more than that, Kook."

"Okay," he breathes out. "I had felt something... It's why I ran out earlier. I didn't know why but I felt like I had to. I ran as fast and as hard I could and that's when I found her, but I barely made it in time to save her! I-I almost lost her. Almost failed--" He chokes on his words, swallowing thickly with tears building in the corners of his eyes, threatening to spill over.

He feels so weak. What is happening to him?

Remembering what happened makes him upset. He was actually more than just upset - he was absolutely livid - infuriated to a point where he felt as if he would snap and there would be no telling what he would do and if he'd even stop, possibly going on a rampage.

He had saw red and wanted nothing more than tear the men apart who had attacked you. But that would've done more harm than good and he certainly didn't want you to find anything out or be scared of him or hate him; although his intentions were somewhat good. Not to mention Namjoon would've had him skinned alive if he had screwed everything up even more.

He's your supposed protector now, as Namjoon had assigned after Jungkook first told him about you when he saved you as a wolf. He guesses it's normal to feel protective over you almost to a fault now that his leader had put the responsibility on his shoulders, but he had also felt something else in his chest when he looked down at you and your battered face laying on the cold hard ground that night; it was constricting and it ached, weighing him down so much that he felt like he couldn't breathe.

He wanted nothing more than to have been there for you before it all happened but there was no way he could - he isn't really allowed. He has other things to do besides watching over you and when he is watching it's usually from a distance. He fears the feelings that are bubbling up inside him when he's around you. Not only is it not allowed, but it's also dangerous, which is one of the main reasons why such feelings are heavily discouraged.

He knows... he knows he likes you. He also knows that Namjoon knows, which is why he's been keeping his eye on him and reminding him every chance he gets that he needs to keep his distance.