Pain

You'd just arrived to the place you call home and unfortunately your aunt does as well. Having spent most of the day with Jungkook put you in a great mood and you fear as soon as you step inside it's going to be spoiled by your aunt. The house is quiet, but as soon as the door closes behind you with a click, your aunt comes marching straight towards you, a rancorous glint in her eyes.

"Where have you been," she says, her tone accusing.

You stop yourself from rolling your eyes, not wanting to give her any more reasons to yell at you more than she already does. Sighing out loud, you calmly state, "I was just out."

"Out-- out doing what, huh?" She pries for an answer, arms folding over her chest as she shifts her weight from one leg to the other.

"It's none of your business," you reply indignantly, shrugging your shoulders. "I'm well old enough to take care of myself and do as I please."

Her nostrils flare and her eyes narrow, lips turning down into a frown as she spits out, "Excuse me? How dare you speak to me like that!"

You physically can't stop your eyes from rolling this time, not caring how she'll react since she's already set on arguing with you. Screw it.

"Yeah, okay, I'm leaving now." You walk around her but then you feel nails digging into the skin of your arm, her grip tight around your wrist as she drags you back.

"You little brat! Don't you dare ignore me and walk away. Who do you think you are?!"

You grimace from the stinging pain from the scratches she's inflicted, pulling your arm free and look her straight in the eyes. "I think that I'm leaving and that you have no control over me whatsoever, so actually, excuse you! Leave me the hell alone," you exclaim.

"Then get out of my house you ungrateful, selfish, useless excuse of a niece! You're just like your mother! Good for nothing and think you're so special; I'll have you know that you aren't," she hisses. "You're absolutely nothing!"

This woman was delusional and horrible. You've always tried being civil and doing everything in your power to please her but nothing you did worked. It's like she has a grudge and takes it all out on you. You ignore her, looking off to the side as you patiently wait for her to stop talking. Why did she seem to hate you and your mother so much? Was there really something wrong with your family that it became so broken? Obviously your mother and aunt did not get along but why?

"Good thing she's gone--"

Hearing those words jolts you out of your thoughts and sends a surge of rage flaring within you. You step closer and stand straighter, eyes burning and on the verge of tears. "Don't you ever speak about her like that!"

Your aunt sneers. "Don't like the truth? Face it, your mother is - or more like was - a wench and she deserved what happened."

"No she didn't!!" You storm away, going up the stairs to your room but she follows after you, clearly not finished with her ranting.

"I should've gotten rid of you long ago," she scoffs.

You ignore her once again while you begin collecting some of your clothes and other various items/essentials, packing them in bags so you can leave and not spend another day in this torturous hell with the she-devil herself. She rambles on, never stopping the onslaught of insults but you tune her out, focusing on leaving as soon as possible and never looking back. Where you'll go - who knows - but anywhere is better than here you think.