Gone

The moon shines brightly overhead. The night air sends a chill down your spine as you're dragged out to the field you and Jungkook had found. You spot the big boulder even from here, standing in the middle of the field, all the strange markings glowing from the moon's beams. Your aunt and the man who you've decided to be the leader of these evil and crazy people stand around it - chanting.

God, was this how you're really going to go? Was this all your life amounted to? Was meeting Jungkook just life teasing you and letting you have a taste of happiness before cruelly ripping it away and tossing you into the darkness?

The man dragging you tugs on you harder when you slow down your steps, causing you to fall. He just scoffs and yanks on your hair and arm to bring you back up and shoves you forward, prodding a dagger against your back now, daring you to try and escape as you get closer to the stone which will no doubt become your final resting place tonight.

"It's finally all coming together," the leader says. "After generations of the damned wolves being able to live freely and peacefully, it will all come to an end tonight!"

The entire group cheers and you wince at the loudness.

"Y/n," your aunt calls, "do you have any you wish to say?" She stares at you, waiting with that smirk that never seems to leave her vile face.

You tilt your head and smile back at her. "Yeah. Go to hell."

She slaps you and your head snaps to the side from the force. Your eyes don't even tear up. You feel nothing. The only thing you can feel is your heart aching and crying out. It longs to see your mother again. It longs for the sweet boy you have grown close to in such a sort amount of time, who's smile sends your heart racing and butterflies to flutter in your stomach when you see the twinkle in his eyes.

It longs for the love and happiness you were barely given in your life since the loss of your mother. If you could have just one more moment of joy, maybe dying wouldn't be so horrible because at least you'd have had that little bit of happiness.

But you know that's not true.

You know you wouldn't go peacefully. You had something - someone - to lose again and you didn't want to leave this world without seeing him at least one last time. No, you didn't want to go ever. You wanted to stay and be with him for as long you could.

You shouldn't even be thinking like this. Have you become this weak? You used to be stronger - what happened? You suppose he did, he happened and changed you without you really noticing. For the first time in a long time, you're weak and afraid because you have someone you care for again.

Or so you desperately hope.

Your mind just wanders. You ignore all the chanting and the way people poke and prod you. You ignore it all and you even start ignoring feeling anything at all - your heart and thoughts. You can't think or feel about your mother anymore nor him as it will only be more painful. You have to tune it all out.

"To us!"

"We shall have victory!"

"No more wolves."

Wolves. Why do they care about wolves? You just now seem to have realized they've mentioned it before. You felt very confused.

"Yeah, no more wo--"

Just then a series of howls break out into the air, sending everyone to be silent. The howls get louder and closer and your heart speeds up in your chest, thumping harder than it ever has. It doesn't let you try to ignore anymore. It's forcing you to feel everything as it rushes through you.