"Okay, Hawkodile, believe in yourself- you can do this!" I encouraged myself as I flew towards the castle- slow and steady.

I'm still very nervous- even after practising with Master Frown and Brock. I kept thinking I couldn't do it, but I quickly nodded it off once I did.

Minutes later, I arrived at the castle. I took a deep breath and knocked on the castle's front door.

A couple of moments later, Richard came and opened the door. He looked pretty surprised.

"Oh, hello, Hawkodile." He greeted me. "May I help you?"

"I- I wanna meet Dr. Fox." I replied hastily. "It's an emergency."

"Well, okay then." Richard replied. "Come in."

As soon as I went in, I realised I've wasted enough time. I rushed towards Dr. Fox's lab, leaving Richard behind me, puzzled and confused.

"Well, what's he up to now?" he mumbled.

"Believe in yourself, Hawkodile!" I kept mumbling to myself as I ran. "Don't panic and do your best!"

"Dr. Fox!" I called her as I finally reached her lab.

"Huh?" Dr. Fox turned around and saw me panting unstoppably. "Oh, Hawkodile, I'm so glad to see you! What's the rush?"

"Oh, it's nothing, really..." I replied, sitting on a chair. "I- I have something to tell you..."

"What is it, Hawkodile?" She asked.

I tried to recall what I practised earlier. It seems that I've forgotten some of them.

"You...you are brighter than a bulb...? And...you lighten- you lighten me up...?"

Dr. Fox looked at me, confused. I knew I screwed up.

"You don't... you don't need a... a what...? A lever? A SWITCH! Yes, a switch, to... to..."

Dr. Fox looked even more confused. As for me, I became more and more nervous.

"Ah! Forget that! My... my favourite...err...thing...? From... the periodic table... is... is Uranium! Yes, Uranium... umm... because...because..."

I'm lost for words. And I've lost my confidence, and my dignity. I'm afraid I might lose my girl...

"Hawkodile, it's okay..." Dr. Fox came and comforted me. "Let me get you some water."

She went and got me a glass of warm water. I took it and drank it all, for I'm very thirsty.

I have myself to blame for screwing up my best chance to tell her that I love her. Now, I lost all my hope for succeeding in this.

"Do you feel better, Hawkodile?" She asked me considerately.

"Yeah, I do. Thank you." I replied. She really is a nice person, no wonder I fell for her at first sight.

"You're welcome." She replied. "Okay, now, just calm down and don't panic- that's it. And tell me everything, slow and steady, 'kay?"

"Okay..." I said with a sigh.

I looked at my Fox Girl- she was all ears. I took another deep breath and poured my heart out.

"Well, among all the girls I've met throughout my life, you are the brightest, smartest, wisest, and prettiest one that I've ever seen- no joke. You are like an angel, especially sent to me by God to protect me, bless me, and care for me. You have no idea how lucky I am to meet you, know you, and admire you. You are the one person whom I'd be willing to do anything for. I even wrote a song about you. You're like...so special to me- I have my word."

I stopped for a while. I could see tears welling in my Fox Girl's beautiful eyes. I smiled a little and continued.

"Umm... Dr. Fox, you remember that time I practised my confession to my crush on you?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She replied.

"I...I wasn't practising."

She looked at me, surprised.

"Does that mean..." she asked.

"Yes. You are the one I fell for. The confession I made, was for you all along." I replied, my face turned bright red.

Dr. Fox couldn't hold in her tears anymore. She wept happy tears as she spoke.

"Oh, Hawkodile, why didn't you tell me earlier? Why did you keep it for so long? Why...why choose today?"

"I... was afraid I might get rejected. I was very worried. But today, with the help of Master Frown and Brock, I gained enough confidence to come here and tell you how I feel- although I did mess up a little... But, I did it all, because I think it's a selfless act, I care about your feelings more than mine. I hope you understand. It's...it's okay if you don't accept me..."

I was afraid to look at my Fox Girl in the eye. I don't know what she'd say about this. I closed my eyes tightly and nervously, as I waited for her answer...