10

"Oh, Hawkodile, why would you say this?" said my Fox Girl as she embraced me. "You were always a confident and positive person..."

"Not always, Dr. Fox. Not always..." I replied, trying hard not to cry.

"Don't cry, Hawkodile. Be brave, be strong, like you always were..." she comforted. "Like the Hawkodile I always looked up to..."

"You...look up to me?" I asked her. "But you're way smarter than I am. I should be the one who'd look up to you."

"Oh Hawkodile, don't you see?" Dr. Fox replied. "You're such a great fighter, and you have such a big heart! Don't give up on yourself so quickly, okay?"

"Okay..." I replied shyly. "So, do you...like... accept my-"

"Yes, I accept." Dr. Fox replied, placing a finger on my beak. "How would I say no to such a great man..."

Dr. Fox stopped. I looked at her, surprised and blushing, as she did one of the most shocking things she'd done to me.

She gave me a gentle and affectionate kiss on my beak.

I immediately spaced out. For a split second, I thought I was dreaming. My darling Fox Girl just kissed me! I can't believe my own eyes, for my first kiss was from my longtime crush, whom I least expected would give me such a kiss. 

Eventually, I regained my consciousness. I closed my eyes slowly, as I gently embraced her, kissing her back, before letting go after a few seconds.

"I love you, Dr. Fox~" I finally have enough courage to say it out.

"I love you too, Hawkodile~" she replied.

That day, became the most memorable day I've ever had. My Fox Girl and I are finally together!

"So, I've done it!" I exclaimed. "My first selfless act! Or is it?"

"Yup, you definitely did it!" She replied. "One more to go!"

"But what is it, Dr.? Could you maybe give me a clue?" I asked her.

"Hmm..." she thought for a while. "It's about your relationship with someone whom you have a secret soft side on."

"Soft side?" I thought. "I dunno... I have a soft side for everybody but- oh no..."

"What is it, Hawkodile?" She asked.

"Not- no, it couldn't be..." I was a little horrified. "I can't do this!"

"You can do this, I believe in you, Hawkodile." She comforted me, seeming to have known whom I was talking about. "You even confessed your love to me. I'm sure you could do this too."

"Well, okay then." I replied confidently. "I know what I have to do now. Thank you, Dr. Fox. I'll see you later, love you!"

I gave her a warm kiss on the forehead before I headed home. She seemed to be watching me as I left, smiling sweetly.

"I love you too, Hawkodile~" she seemed to say. "I always will..."