Chapter 2

The group split once they dropped the portkey off, the Diggorys going one way and the Weasley and their guests going the other. The match wasn't until later that evening, so they had some time to kill before they had to make their way to the stadium. Some of them decided to use this time to get some rest in, namely Ron, while the others stayed up. Even so early in the morning, venders were trekking between the rows of tents, each bigger on the inside than the outside, much like in that muggle television show Doctor Who. When Harry first saw the tent, he was disbelieving that they would all fit in something so small. But as Weasley after Weasley piled in, Harry summoned some Gryffindor courage—experiencing something unknown is always a little frightening—and stuck his head in, finding not a small tent, but a large room. There were tons of beds and bunkbeds, and there was a door which must have been a bathroom. There was a stove and couches. There was a dining room with a long table. Harry would never cease to be amazed by magic.

Harry took turns playing Wizard Chess with the twins while Ron slept the day away and Hermione sat comfortably huddled already reading one of their school books. Harry and the twins had a more or less equal win-loss ratio when Ron finally emerged from his blankets. To no one's surprise, the first thing he wanted to know about was food. So Mr. Weasley set out a picnic basket Mrs. Weasley had filled to the brim with food. Even though it was a rather large basket, there was no way all the food that came out could possibly fit it. He figured it must be the same magic as with the tent.

Fred and George got bored of playing chess after that, but Ron was happy to oblige Harry. After a while of being brutally beaten, Harry gave up and went for a walk, hoping to find a vendor so he could get himself and Ron some things for the game. He really was hoping to try out the Omnioculars. Not to mention the tiny moving figures of the players from both teams. He was sure Ron would want to pay him back, but he just wanted to do something nice for his friend. Not to mention being in that tent for so long, no matter how spacious on the inside, was stuffy and he was tired of doing the same thing for hours on end.

As he was leaving, Hermione looked up from her book, concern showing clearly on her face. "I'm fine, "He answered her unspoken question, "I just need a bit of air. Been in here for too long. I'll be back soon." She nodded and returned to her book, though she didn't look entirely convinced. That wasn't a surprise, however. She was, after all, still concerned about Harry's nightmares and scar. Still, she let him leave without a fuss.

He wandered aimlessly, taking in the view and admiring the setups of the other witches and wizards. As he wandered he passed several vendors, taking the first chance to buy what he wanted and spending a bit more time exploring. It just so happened that he came upon the Diggorys while he wandered. "Hello again, Harry." Cedric greeted. Harry was so much in thought he hadn't noticed him.

"Hi, Cedric. Are you and your father set up?"

"Yeah, we're ready to go. Did your friend—Ronald Weasley, was it?—get some rest? He seemed rather tired at the portkey."

Harry chuckled, "Yeah. He just woke up a little while ago. I didn't sleep, I probably wouldn't be able to; I'm too excited."

Cedric chuckled as well, "Your first World Cup, is it?" Harry blushed slightly in embarrassment but nodded the affirmative. He looked at his watch, it was later than he had thought.

"I probably need to get back. Hermione will begin to worry soon. I'll see you soon?" Cedric nodded and Harry turned back the way he came. He had to dodge and angry, white peacock when he passed a rather extravagant looking tent, but continued on his way. They would need to leave for the Stadium soon and he didn't want to hold them up, so he picked up his pace.

When he returned, Hermione had her hands on her hips with that tell-tale look on her face, "Where have you been?" She admonished, "I've been worried sick! You really need to be more careful."

Harry quickly dodged her glare and got in the tent where Ron was waiting for him. "Where were you, mate? Hermione was getting unbearable."

"I was getting these." He handed Ron his share of merchandise and left the tent before Ron could say anything in protest. He joined Mr. Weasley and the twins as they all gathered what they needed and began to make their way to the stadium. Children ran around them as they walked, laughing, giggling and chasing each other as their parents watched on nervously.

It was a good thing they decided to leave early because there was a small delay. As they walked, Harry noticed a little girl, maybe 4 years old, standing alone and crying. She must have gotten separated from her parents in the crowd. In her small hands, she gripped a dragon stuffie that actually moved and breathed fake fire. Without a word, Harry moved away from the group—ignoring Hermione and Ron's protests—and kneeled on one knee in front of the girl. "Are you okay? Are you lost?" The girl was so distraught, all she could do was nod. "What do your parents look like? Would you like to help me find them?" Again, she nodded without a word and held out her arms, obviously wanting him to pick her up. He obliged and put her on his shoulders, careful so she wouldn't fall off. "If you see them just point them out, okay?" She made a small sound in confirmation and Harry started walking around.

After a few moments, he heard someone behind him shout, "Destiny!" Harry turned around and saw a young couple rushing towards them, a calm Auror in their wake.

Harry looked up at the little girl on his shoulders and saw her reaching out towards him. Carefully he let her off of his shoulders and put her in the arms of her mother. All three of them were hugging and crying. The woman put the girl in the arms of her father and shook Harry's hand gratefully. "Thank you so much for finding her for us. I don't know what I would have done if something had happened to her. Thank you so much!"

Harry just smiled and rejoined the Weasleys. "You really have a soft spot for little kids, don't you? And you're so good with them." Hermione said, smiling, when he returned to the group. Again, he only smiled and they went on their way. He was just glad he could do something good. He listened to Ron as he enthused about who he thought would win the game. Excitement crackled in the air around them.

Words: 1,204