Chapter 6

"Well, what the hell are you all standing around for?? Someone call an ambulance you idiots!" I scream.

While Michael was calling an ambulance, I noticed that Ashton had taken charge and made sure Luke didn't choke on his tongue. Within minutes the paramedics barged in.

"He's having a seizure!" I yell to them, pointing to where he is. Before I knew it, I saw Luke carried off in the stretcher. "Should we go to the hospital?"

"Yah, lets go" Ashton says while grabbing car keys. He hops in the drivers seat and I hop in the passenger seat. Michael and Calum follow behind.

So many thoughts were rushing through my head. Will Luke be okay? Is he gonna live? Will I see him again? But then I started thinking about my life. Is this really what was before me? Going to the hospital in the middle of the night? I can't handle this. How does Luke do it?

After a silent ride to the hospital, we finally arrived. We all rushed into the emergency room asking for what room Luke was in. They had told us he didn't want any visitors.

Why wouldn't Luke want to see us...? Especially after we saved him.

"I guess we should head out then..." Ashton says while motioning towards the door.

"No, I need to talk to him." I say.

"But you heard the nurse, no -" before Ashton could finish, I ran down the hallway, looking for his room.

Out of breath, I finally found it and walked in.

"No visitors? What the hell?" I ask him.

"I didn't want to hear your shit. Get out." Luke demanded.

"My shit?? Excuse you. I'm trying to help you here. Now I thought you told me your seizures were going to stop."

"Well..." He pauses. "Only if I get the surgery."

"You better get that surgery." I yell, trying to hold back tears. I can't lose him, I really can't.

"If I get the surgery I have a chance of forgetting a ton of things! I rather live a short life as myself and who I truly am then live a long life not knowing the truth about myself. I can't risk it Scarlett!" Luke starts yelling.

"Fine. But just remember, you were the one telling me to fight for my life. I'm surprised you're not gonna do the same." I storm out of his room and down to the lobby, where I meet up with the other guys.

Ashton takes my hand in his and I was kinda shocked at first. To be honest, I totally forgot about our whole conversation of dating. So much has happened since. I really need to confess my feelings to him soon.

It was another silent car ride home and we drop the other boys off at their homes. As for Ashton, I asked him to stay the night with me. My parents were ok with it, probably because they think that we're just friends.

"Ashton, I didn't really get to tell you how I really feel." I mention to him while grabbing some pajama pants from my dresser.

He turns around, "What do you have to say?"

"My goodness, I am in love with you. When I met you, I thought I would never have a chance with you and it was gonna be one of those stories where the girl falls in love with her best friend and it doesn't work out. But luckily, it has. Your smile is contagious and I love your dimples. The jokes you make always make me laugh. Ashton Fletcher Irwin, you are definitely something." I tell him while sliding on my pants.

I was totally comfortable around Ashton. Changing in front of him didn't bother me. Plus, I know he is not one to judge.

He runs over to me, picking me up and hugging me, "Scarlett, you are such a beautiful girl and I am so glad that I am finally able to call you mine."

He set me down on the floor and he was standing right in front of me. We both stared at each other for a few seconds, laughed, and then I felt his lips on mine. I couldn't help but smile during the kiss.

"It's been a long night, you should get some rest." Ashton tells me while putting me into bed. "I'll be in the other room if you need anything. Sweet dreams." He kisses me on the forehead and walks to the guest room.

My body is telling me to sleep but my mind is keeping me up. I still have to finish school and I have to start chemotherapy. How am I gonna do it? I really don't know.

-

"Scar...."

"Scarlett!!" Ashton yells at me while shaking my body. "You must've had a bad dream, you were yelling like crazy. What were you dreaming about?"

"I really don't remember." I lied. I do know. I was dreaming about him leaving me because this cancer would be too much for him to handle. I'm just a mess right now, I don't get why he likes me.

"Alright Hun, go back to bed. Just remember, it was only a dream." Ashton then walks out back to the guest room.

-

I wake up and check on Ashton, who was still sleeping. I decided I would be a nice person and let him sleep. I walk down the stairs to see my parents at the dining room table eating breakfast.

"Hi sweetie, how are you feeling?" My mother asks.

I give her a thumbs up and grab a banana.

"Can you come sit with us for a second?"

I come sit at the table and wait for my parents to start the conversation.

"This is an awful time, I know... But I got a job in America. And now that we have health bills we need to pay for, we need to move there." My mother tells me.

"But Aunt Carol said it was free!" I yell to them.

"The testing was free, not the chemotherapy.." My dad starts to say.

"What? We can't leave though. I'm not done with school and all my friends are here. I can't do it! My life is just getting worse." I yell to them, running up the stairs.

I plop down on my bed to realize I was out of breath. My life is changing so fast and I can't handle it. I then feel an arm around my shoulders. It was Ashton.

"I'm so sorry I woke you up."

"Oh please, don't be sorry." He says while kissing my forehead. "I heard everything.... and well I was thinking. We can maybe buy an apartment together? I'm old enough now to move out." He laughs.

"Like my parents would let me.." I tell him while resting my head on his shoulder.

"Trust me, they totally would."

-----

Sorry it wasn't that great!

I hope you guys are liking it though :)