Chapter 8

I stood in the doorway, wiping the tears from my eyes, now realizing that not only Luke was gone, but his hospital bed was too. "W-where is he?" I manage to speak out.

"They took him in for his surgery. But it was a last minute thing because they didn't know if he was going to be ok or not." Ashton says while choking on his tears. "Is this what its gonna be like? I can't stand to see my friends go through this type of pain. Let alone my girl friend and my best friend. How am - "

I cut him off by placing my lips on his while my arms wrapped around his neck. "Everything will be okay, don't you worry."

He pulls his face away, looking straight into my eyes, "How am I supposed to be ok?"

"Do it for me. Do it for Luke. Do it for all of us so we can try and live a normal life."

"Scar, we are not normal people any more." 

The conversation ended with Ashton pulling me into a hug and not letting go for about five minutes. 

"Luke should be okay but we would like him to be alone while he recovers. You two may leave and come back in two days or so." The nurse says, interrupting our hug.

"Alright," I say. "Thank you so much."

"Please take good care of him." Ashton whispers, his throat hurting from so much crying.

"You two are great friends, I can just tell. We will definitely take good care of him. And Scarlett, see you next week." She says while she walks down the hallway.

-

I did not sleep in too late; it was about 9 in the morning when I actually got up. I was confused as to why I was up that early. Maybe it was because it was a new house, new bed and new surroundings. I wash my face in the bathroom and apply my makeup. Having cancer can really make your skin 10x paler than it actually is, so makeup is my new best friend right now.

Also, I have been finding bruises all over my body, but that is also from the cancer. This whole being sick thing, well, I really don't like it. 

I walk downstairs to smell eggs and bacon. Then I see chef Michael cooking breakfast. 

"Who are you and what happened to Michael?" I jokingly ask.

"Hey, a man can cook for his friends, can't he?" He laughs.

"Well, yah.. But you're never up this early."

"I think you and Ashton deserved a treat considering all that's happened lately."

"Thanks Mikey." I say while hopping on to the counter.

Michael gives me a plate of food and I just poke around at it, not really hungry.

"Fuck, cancer sucks. I am hungry but at the same time I am not." I complain.

"Try taking a bite!" Michael says while coming at me with a fork full of eggs.

I stick my hand out to push away the fork and the eggs end up on the ground. "Told you I wasn't hungry. And I don't want to puke it up." 

"Fine." He says while I walk into the living room. "Its ok! I will clean it up." He playfully yells.

I grab my car keys which were in the living room and I noticed that Ashton was up.

"Going to school, I will be back." I tell him.

"Wait." He says while getting out of the chair.

"What, I really need -" and I was cut off by his soft lips.

"I just wanted to say good morning, that's all." He laughs.

I head out the door and drive to school. Sarah had already left and I was impressed that she had made it on time. I was really jealous of her getting to finish senior year. I would do anything to be in her position right now.

I get to school and walk through the front doors, I then see people staring at me and one girl even came up to me giving me a bouqet of flowers. "I'm so sorry to hear about what happened." She says. No one treated me the same the whole time I was there and it kind of pissed me off, like hello, I am still a person also. I walked into the main office and talked about online schooling with my counselor and she said it would be fine. It really did suck though, not being able to finish.

Before I could even make it out of the building, another person comes up to me.

"Oh you are leaving already?" Stacey asks in a sarcastic tone. She was basically Satan in human form. "Why so soon? Too dumb to handle school?"

I start walking away but she keeps talking.

"You might as well just go home and cry yourself to sleep. You're too dumb for anyone to handle and you're just a waste of space." She tells me to my face.

She continued throwing insults at me but I couldn't handle it anymore. I turn around to her and start yelling, "You fucking bitch! I am so surprised that you are the only one that doesn't know! Who's the dumb one now?" She gives me a confused look but I still keep talking. "I am going to cry myself to sleep because of the fucking pain. Maybe I am a waste of space. Maybe that's why God gave me cancer."

She stood there in complete awe, along with everyone around her. Stacey looked like she wanted to say sorry but I honestly didn't want to hear it.

I drive home with tears collecting in the corner of my eyes and I finally park in the drive way and I sit in the car for about 15 minutes. I then see Ashton come out. He sits in the passenger seat waiting for me to talk. "Ashton, am I a waste of space?" I ask him.

----

Tell me if its ok or not!