I Need You Here // Ashton

A/N - I had another Ashton one saved in my notes but when I went to copy and paste it I deleted it😒😔😣 oh well, here's another Ashton one🙈xxx

You heard another muffled cry coming through the baby monitor on your bedside table, sighing and rubbing your temples.

You checked the alarm clock, it read 2:18am. The third time tonight that your baby girl, Molly, had woken you up.

Looking over at Ashton, you saw that he was still fast asleep and he had to be up early to go to the studio. Deciding to let him sleep, you pulled back the covers and left the warmth of your bed.

You took the bottle from the side of your bed and opened the door of the nursery, seeing that Molly was stood up red face and screaming, leaning against the crib. You picked her up and held her close, rubbing her back.

"Dada, dada." She babbled, trying to get away from you.

"Dada is asleep baby." You replied, knowing that she wouldn't understand anyway. You tried to get her to eat but she wouldn't.

"Babe?" Ashton mumbled, walking into the nursery wearing just some joggers. "Everything okay?"

"I can't do this Ashton. I just wanted her to go back to sleep but he wouldn't without you and I can't comfort her an-"

"Hey, it's okay. You go back to bed, I'll be back in a minute." He said, kissing you before scooping the baby into his arms.

"She wouldn't let me give her a bottle either." You mumbled, handing it to him.

"I'll try." He smiled tiredly, sitting in the rocking chair in the corner of the nursery.

"What's wrong baby? Hm?" He murmured, kissing her forehead softly.

He cradled her in his arms and got more comfortable, resting Molly's head in the crook of his arm. He pressed the nib of the bottle to her mouth, trying to get her to feed.

"Come on baby..." He coaxed. Remembering something that his Mum had taught him, he put milk on his finger and rubbed it onto her lips, making her suck on his finger.

Then he slipped the bottle into her mouth and she finally started to feed, suckling heavily. Ashton watched as her eyes started to droop and she slowly fell asleep, the bottle slipping from her mouth.

"Good night baby girl." He smiled, kissing her cheeks and laying her in the crib to sleep.