Chapter 2

Buildings going sky high, but I can't see them clearly. Venomous snakes turn into humans with blood trickling from there mouths. I'm running faster and faster, then the humans scream like something I can't describe. Then I wake up, I reassure myself that it was a dream by pinching my arm and getting out a quick yelp of pain from what the pinch had given me. I check my clock and it's five o' clock a.m. I have about an hour until everyone in the house wakes up, so I decide to take my time and get ready for school. Although I had over an our to get ready I was still late, again. I met up with Dalilah at lunch again, Beatrice was there too, But there was no sign of Josh. What a relief. " So, What do you think of your math teacher Mrs.Dog-muffin?" Asked Bea. "Well, I don't think I could've gotten worse. All she does is stare into my soul every time she asks a question." I answer. Bea doesn't have time to respond because the bell rings, and we all scatter off to our classes. Of course my next class would be with Mrs.Dog-muffin. Through out the class she stared as deeply into my eyes as she possibly could, as if I stole something of hers. But then her thin lips from the words, "Ms.Kassidy, detention."

"Wait, what? Why?Why? What have I done?" I protest

"Ms.Kassidy I will see you after class." She responds. I had no time to object, she continued teaching as if nothing had happened.

        I stayed after class as I was told, although I had no joy doing it. Once everyone leaves Mrs.Dog-muffin shuts the door and sits at her desk with no sound, but of pen and paper. She sits there for five minutes without saying anything. That's when I decide to break the silence.

"Excuse me, but what did I exactly do to deserve a detention?"

No answer.

"Can I go now?" I ask.

A whisper, but I can't understand what was really said.

"Um, excuse me what was that?"

She speaks, "You must be gone forever."

My mouth is left hanging open, and those were the last words I hear before the room turns to black.