Chapter 7

I try to reach for Josh's arm, thinking that he had also fallen asleep, but when I turn around I find him wide awake and smiling.

"What are you doing? Don't you see this wolf thing? Get up!" I whisper, but no, who would think he would listen to me. He sits there staring at my face.

"Come on, get up!" I get a little louder but he doesn't reply in a low whisper, which would be the smartest decision right now, he just talks as if nothing is wrong.

"Hey buddy! I missed ya! Were've you been?"He's talking to a dog......face palm.

"What! Buddy, you know this thing?" I couldn't take it anymore, I was so lost.

"Yea, he's my dog, I lost him in the summer, and he doesn't have rabies." He explains.

        Of course, Josh would be the one to have a dog that looks like it's about to eat me alive.

"Well congrats on the reunion." I say as sarcastically as possible."But I really need to get home. Which way's out of here exactly?"

"Wait, I'll come with you, I need to come home too. Might as well drop you off on the way." He suggests.

"No, thanks you might even later because of me. I just need help on how to get out of these woods." I say.

"Alright, up to you. Well it's this way." He points straight ahead, and we both start walking.

        Josh had to practically beg his dog Max to get out of the woods, but once we were out I still felt like I was lost. We decided we'll just go home. I thought that Josh still had the idea of dropping me off in his mind because he was with me the whole way. But it turns out he only lives a couple of houses down. When I get home it was like seven-thirty at night so everyone in the house was awake. And because It wasn't that late in the night my parents figured at was at Dallilah's house so I didn't have to explain anything.

        The next day  at lunch everything goes as it normally did. Josh didn't even make a hint to what happened the day before, and I didn't either. I already had way too much to think about, and having to explain all those things was going to get way too complicated.

        As Dalilah,Bea, and I walk back to our lockers I want to ask them what's going on. I know they know  things that I don't , it seems to be worrying them, and for some reason I feel like it's about me. I don't ask though, I mean for one we're at school, and plus I'm going to have to force the information out of them. So, I don't say a word on the topic. On the bus I sat alone, because Dalilah got picked up early for a doctors appointment. Since I don't have anyone to talk to today, I noticed that Josh is on the bus. Because I had some questions about yesterday, so I decided to walk home with him, and party because I didn't want to look like a total loner. " I know you know something about the man from last night and something about the screaming too. So it's better if you just spill it instead of denying it."I say as we both walk down the street.

"I really didn't know him. Otherwise do you really think I would've taken you to that house?" He makes a good point, but I didn't give up that easily.

"Okay, so what about the screaming in the streets,hmm?"

"Well sorry to break it to you but, I don't scream like that, and I really have no idea. Okay?"

"Okay, fine. So, how's Max? Did he like coming back home?"

"Yea, defiantly. my little sister was so surprised to see him, although before that she hated his guts."

"Her name's Maisy right, my sister talks about her all the time. I think they might be best friends or something."

"Yea I've hear a lot about Megan too. She comes around sometimes to ask if Maisy can come out and play,but Mai likes the indoor a bit more."

"Sorry, I guess Meg can get a little anoying once she gets a little comfortable with someone."

"No worries, Maisy's the same. So do you have any plans for winter break?"

"No, not really. I mean I doubt it's gonna snow in Florida, so I guess I'll be sitting outside most of the time"

        My house shows up from around the corner, and I say my goodbyes to Josh. No one is home so I launch on the sofa and drift asleep.