Chapter 4

My parents told me I could take a couple days off until I feel stable. I was in one spot for three days, I thought I was going to go crazy. But thankfully, Dalilah came over after school to help me with homework, although we kind of got distracted playing hangman in my English notebook.

"Is there an 'E'?" she guesses.

"Yup."

"Okay,what about 'T'?" She takes another shot at it.

"Nope"

"Okay, I've been guessing this one forever. All I have left is a leg."

"Okay fine, the word is...'EVIL'!"

"Um, that's kinda creepy Kassi, why 'evil'?" She asks.

"One word, or name, Mrs.Dog-muffin."

"Why what did she do to earn that title?" She asks with a laugh.

        Dalilah is like my best friend, even though we've only known each other for a couple of weeks I would trust her with my life. So, I told her everything, from the story Mrs.Dog-Muffin told Ms.Rose, to what happened to me in reality.

"What? No way! She's crazy!"

"No, I'm telling you the truth Dalilah, but my parents don't know the real story only Mrs.Dog-Muffin's version. So please don't tell anyone."

"I promise I won't." She reassures me.

        But there's something in her face that tells me that she's not shocked to hear this, like she's keeping something from me.

"Is everything okay Dalilah? I mean you don't looked surprised, like you wanna tell me something."  I ask.

"Oh no, everything's fine. Well it's getting kinda late, my parents would be waiting for me."

"But it's only four-thirty, you never left before at least five. What do you have to do?" I ask.

"Nothing much, oh yea I have to go to my brothers game. So are you coming to school tomorrow?"

"Yea, I guess so." I say with a sigh.

"Well I'll see you then. Bye." Then she gets her stuff and leaves me in an empty room.

        Hmm, there was something about her that was rushed and frantic, or even worried. Something must be wrong, and tomorrow I'm going to find out.