Chapter 3

I wake up in a pure white room, I think I'm in a hospital, but then I hear a familiar voice. Ms.Rose, the school nurse, she's talking to my parents. Something about Mrs.Dog-muffin saving my life.  Wait, what?! Mrs.Dog-muffin and saving my life, the last thing I remember was her trying to get rid of my existence.

" Don't worry Mrs.Johnson, Kassidy will be fine. It was just a minor injury on the head. We checked very thoroughly but nothing came out wrong." She explained.

"We just want to make sure, so if there was anything... we could do something greater to help." My mom said with concern in her voice.

        Oh Mom and Dad, how I wish I could tell you what really happened, but I don't know myself. Ms.Rose and my parents walk in. I probably look really bad shape because my sister, who apparently was also there, has her mouth wide open.

"Well it looks like Ms.Kassi is awake and ready to go. You are allowed to take her home, you aren't  required to take your classes for the day." Ms.Rose reassures.

        Of course I don't argue with that. My parents take me home, and when I finally make it in my living room, my parents tell my what I've been wondering all afternoon. So apparently, there was a fight in the hallway, and I got punched in the temple. Nobody noticed me on the ground other that the one and only Mrs.Dog-muffin. She somehow got my to the nurses office three floors down from where I was originally was while I was unconscious. She told Ms.Rose and contacted my parents, so they came rushing from work to come and get me.

        I know this story is totally made up, but  I don't say it. The main reason being, I don't know the real reason I ended up in the nurses office. And if I didn't have a reasonable explanation no one is going to believe me. I somehow get to my room, although I was so dizzy that it felt like each step I took I thought I was going to go falling down.

        I slide into my bed, thinking I would fall asleep instantly, but I lay awake staring at my glow in the dark stars. Thinking about how everything happened at school that day, and about my dreams from the night before. I finally slide my eyes shut, but only to enter another world filled with endless nightmares.