Chapter 6

"What are you doing? Let go of my arm!" I jerked my hand away a little too forcefully. I can't see his face in the dimness of this dusty room but I think he looks mad. But, once he speaks I'm certain he's angry at my comment.

"What do you mean, 'what are you doing?' I'm saving saving your life that's what!"

"Well I have good enough ears, I heard those screams as well as you did. Where are we anyway?" I ask.

"Usually people would be thankful for a life-saving experience, but no." He says.

"Well, I'm not the usual. So, are you going to answer my question or not, where are we?"

"We're at Clover Manor, it's abandoned so we can stay here until it's clear." He answers.

"Or, you can stay in this old rust bucket, i'm leaving." I say.

"What? Are you crazy?! It's not safe out there, do you even know why they were screaming? I think I heard some gunshots back there too. I didn't  bring you here so you could just leave!" He explains.

"For one I didn't ask you to bring me anywhere, and secondly I didn't need anyone to save me from anything." I say.

"Well you can't go, I won't let you." He steps in between what I think is the door and me.

"Do you really think I'm going to listen to you, I'm going."

        As I turn to the door a hand catches my wrist. I turn around to yank my wrist out, but the grip gets tighter and is nothing like the soft but forceful hand of Josh. It was someone else, a man, a really big man. My mouth is left hanging open.

       "Let her go!"

        I hear Josh yell in the darkness. Then a candle is lit , I don't know who did it. The man lets go of my hand and starts to chuckle. He raises his hand that turns into a fist in no time, and I know he's aiming it at Josh's face. But to me what looked like slow motion happened. Josh catches his hand in mid-air.

        "Oh child do you really think you can beat me?! Hahaha!" The scary man says it so evilly it makes me cringe.

I don't think he was expecting an answer, but he got one anyway.

"Yes."

And the next thing I know Josh flips this monster of a man over and kicks him in the ribs. I hear the crack of his bones and the thud of him hitting the wall. I must of been half paralyzed because my arms and legs felt so stiff as if I didn't have control. Josh comes in front of me and brings his bloody hand out.

"You coming?" He asks as if there's no hurry.

"Um, yea lets go" I ignore his hand and make a run for the door. Once Josh and I make it outside we start running into the woods that surrounded the neighborhood. Once we think we made it far enough we stop to catch our breath. Well mostly me, I probably look like I'm about to pass out any second by the face josh is giving me. It's so quite here that all I can here are the birds chirping away their stories and the wind whistling through the trees. I break the silence.

"So, when do you think we should head back?" I say.

        Josh looks at me as if he's surprised to see that I can actually talk. I can see his sparkling green eyes fitting in with the woods surroundings.

"Well I think we should wait a little, he might be out looking for us. Well at least that's what I'm going to do.  I  guess I can't force you to do anything." He says with a sigh, obviously doing that to make me remember our  conversation earlier. Well it was more like an fair argument, but I did feel a little bad about it.

"Thanks for saving my butt before, and just now. But for now iI think I'm gonna stick with you for a while, if that's okay with you."

"Well there's not much sticking around left, I mean I'm just gonna wait here for a while." He says.

"Well at least you'll have company." I say, and plop down next to him.

        I guess I must have fallen asleep at some point because when I woke up my head was on Josh's shoulder, and the moon was in my face, and so was a foaming mouthed wolf.