Part 2: Immortal Chapter 11

I was confused, I didn't know what they were saying."Immortal, what do you mean, like I can't die or something?" I ask.

They all look at each other as I sit down and collect myself from the wreaking ball that just hit my face.

"No it means that you have a power." Dalilah explains.

"What, powers? What kind of powers, and how do you all know about my life and I have no clue about anything?" I ask.

"Well we all have powers, all four of us do. They're all different, usually there is one for each person, if they have more than one they are special, we call them Bio-meres. " Bea says.

"Yeah, and immortal means your power will always be with you, you always had it in you, and you still do." Josh says.

"Do my parents know about this?

"Well yes, they know your immortal, but they don't know that there are people after you." Dalilah says.

"Someone's after me, who,why?!" 

"Well it's more like some people are after you so....." Dalilah says.

"You remember that man?" Asks Josh, as if I could ever forget.

"And Mrs.Dog-Muffin?" Adds Dalilah

I nod, "Well yeah those are only two of the many that are after you." Says Bea.

        I'm still so confused, and I think my friends can tell because they explain some more. Josh starts off. "This is whats happening, You are immortal, and you've had your power ever since you were born. We don't know what it is and we're guessing that you don't either."

        Dalilah continues,"Immortals usually come by every generation, like one in every immortal family. So, somewhere in your ancestry was one of us, and their power continues on throughout the generations. In your family line the immortal DNA stopped at some point and didn't continue for two hundred years."

        Bea takes it from there, "So when everyone in the immortal head quarters (IMHQ) found out that you were the immortal that broke the two hundred year streak in your family, they told our families to look after you and protect you. Nothing weird happened to you because no one but us and the heads at the IMHQ knew about you."

        Josh starts to talk, "But now the nexus know, they're the bad guys, and they want to get rid of you. That's because they know that your the only immortal in your family, so if they get rid of you they just wiped out so many generations of immortals that could've been."

        Bea interrupts, "So we need to protect you and help you find your power, whatever it might be."

        "Are you alright Kassi? I know this is a lot to take in at once." Dalilah asks.

I finally say something, "How can I believe this, I mean no one even mentioned this to me once throughout my life, and now, why now?"

"Kassi this is as real as it gets. And to answer your question on why now, well it's gotten too far, your in danger Kassi and we need to prepare you for anything. But don't worry we'll always be with you, no matter what." Josh ensures.

       " Thank you guys for telling me everything, but I think it's time to break the news to my parents." I say and bring all three of them into a hug, never wanting to let them go.