More Than Friends

Annie: Eren?

Eren: She's

Eren: Not okay.

Annie: I'm sorry.

Eren: Don't be. It's Jean's fault.

Annie: What are you gonna do?

Eren: I don't know. But I'm gonna go talk to her.

Annie: Good.

(Eren's POV)

I made my way to Mikasa's place, hoping she's there. I knew for a fact that I hurt her. I know why but I can't tell her. I'll break her more.

When I arrived, I only stood there. Looking at her door. I had the gut feeling that she wouldn't answer, and I knew if I tried I'd be wasting my time. So I had to find another way in. My best bet was the backyard.

Left the main entrance and made my way to the front yard door that takes to Mikasa's backyard. I opened the door and made my way to the back.
I looked at the backyard from the entrance and saw how empty it was. There was only a white table with four chairs surrounding said the table.

"Damn. Did I indirectly cause this too?" I asked myself. I sighed and walked towards the sliding doors. I looked through the window and saw that the entire house was a mess. The kitchen, which the doors lead to, was a chaotic mess. I tried to slide the doors open but they were locked.

"Ah great. Any other smart ideas, Eren? I'm pretty sure you also want to go through a window, you stupid home invader!" And then it dawned on me. The window to Mikasa's room was opened.

I grabbed the table and placed a chair over it and then climbed to the roof and from there I slowly and carefully made my way to the window, taking only one step at a time because I wasn't planning on breaking my neck on Mikasa's lawn.

I entered through the window, expecting to find nothing, only I did find Mikasa... on the floor, in a fetal position. She had her earphones plugged in her phone and in her ears.

If I called her she wouldn't listen so I decided to lie down on my back next to her and just stay there and stare at the ceiling with my hands supporting my head while she still in her fetal position not noticing that I was there. I looked at her just before lying down and saw that she was asleep.

I stayed like this for some time, having my own headphones plugged in and staring at the ceiling. Mikasa was still asleep, not knowing I was there.

I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say. Then I got a text.

Annie: Eren.

Me: Yea?

Annie: Look. I know why she's broken. It's because of me.

Me: No it isn't!

Annie: Eren. We both know it's me. But listen.

Me: Okay.

Annie: If she's sad, you're sad. And I don't want either of you to be sad. So Eren. Whatever it takes. Make her happy today.

Me: You sure?

Annie: Whatever it takes.

Me: That's why I love you.

I then took my headphone off and placed my phone on her bed and leaned closer to Mikasa and kissed her on the cheek.

She jolted upwards, all startled and confused. She only sat on her knees after changing from her fetal position. When she looked at me and realized who I was she only sat on her knees and stared at me.