Her Angel

(Annie's POV)

"Oh... So this is how it's done..." Eren said upon the realization of how the subject equation is answered.

"Not bad. I thought you'd take a while longer to realize it. I'm kinda surprised." I stated.

"Yea well... I'm usually good at understanding stuff. I'm smart, but some stuff... Just irks me out." Eren replied.

"I understand. I feel the same about a few things as well." I said right before closing the book and putting everything in my backpack for the next day.

As I was placing stuff in my bag, I noticed that Eren was zoned out as he stared at me with dreamy eyes. I approached him and snapped my fingers at his face.

"Hey... Are you still with me?" I asked.

"Wha? Oh, yeah yeah! Where were we?" He asked.

I sighed and sat on my bed with legs crossed and then I grabbed my laptop and turned it on. I started to search the internet for some news and whatnot because I was bored out of my own mind and didn't know what to do. Before long, I got bored and put my computer aside and sighed the life out of me.

Eren looked at me with an eyebrow raised for a second or two before finally getting the message and jumped on the bed, lying down next to me.

He tapped me on the back with his hand three times before I looked back at him. He had a smile that melts my heart every time I look at it. I couldn't help but smile back.

"What's bothering you?" He asked with a gentle, soothing tone, not with the usual frivolous and energetic one he is known for.

"Nothing. I'm just really tired. These past few days have been a real pain." I stated.

"I understand that. Your mother's passing is still fresh in your mind. Plus now you have to worry about all the money you inherited from her. It's a small fortune." Eren explained.

"Yea well... I've been doing a lot of paperwork. But still, even with this, I still need a stable job to afford to pay the bills. I'm not gonna spend my inheritance on electricity, water and whatever comes knocking, you know." I said before stretching my arms up in the air and finally lying down next to him.

I cuddled up next to him, getting a rush of all the good feelings I need from him. Love, happiness, you name it. All from one happy embrace. And I wanted nothing more.

"I'm not as privileged as you or anyone else, you know." I said before burying my face in his chest and intensifying the feeling of warmth.

"I know you're not. But when are you gonna move in with me?" He asked.

"I don't know... Maybe in the summer?" I proposed.

"Mmm... Too Long."

"Well... I don't want people to know about us yet. Even though it's been years. Think of all the people and the general feeling of awkwardness we'd feel around the school and in public." I explained.

"Maybe. But it wouldn't be such a big deal, would it? I mean... It's just a guy and girl getting together." He stated.

"Is it? It's us we're talking about here, Eren." I stated. "We're infamous for all the feuds and rivalry we've had since pretty much we first laid eyes on each other."

"Except for the time where you and I went on this epic journey in search of something that was never there to begin with."

"Oh, I remember that one. You and I discovered different sides of one another."

"Or the time where we first kissed." Eren mentioned. My heart started beating like a drum roll.
"Mm... I can hear your heart..."

"And was there anything else that, you know... Made our relationship stronger?" I asked, my face red like a tomato, knowing that what I mean isn't as innocent as it may seem.