Chapter Twenty-Nine

A loss for words, Ariella sat in the silence for the rest of the trip. The sullen mood grew disinterest prior to Ariella's comment about Hermione's so-called "secret admirer." Her mind and heart fixated on the fact that she was confused, and also alone. Surrounded by her friends, no one believed her to be just with her feelings towards Cedric. She could only assume whatever she was feeling was exactly how Harry felt as well.

As the train arrived at the station, the four thought it may have been best to separate from each to clear their head. Ariella found it bittersweet — if she wasn't with her friends, her mind wandered to reminisce about Cedric, while at the same time, being with her friends drew numerous of outrageous conspiracy theories that each held to their own. Ariella scoffed as she tried to brush off stepping off the train while the smoke from the train filled their air of the starry night sky. This year could not have started off on a better foot; memories of her timid nature from third year came flooding back At the time, being alone was not a choice she wanted and now, all she wanted was to be alone.

Group by group, the crowd of children began to thin out as the thestral pulled carriages traveled to the front gates. Her father was right to send her off to Hogwarts, the trip to the castle led to waiting in a queue as each carriage was inspected by Professor Flitwick, who asked each student to validate themselves. By the time it got to Ariella's carriage, she found herself exasperated from trying to convince the world that whatever came from her mouth was actually spoken from the heart.

"Miss Price, I understand your frustration, but extraordinary measures need extraordinary precaution. We make note of every student who passes through these gates." He said as he let out an exasperated sigh himself. The furrow in his brow seemed to tell Ariella that she was not the first to point out that this was absurd, even after all the luggage checks, Professor Flitwick held his own.

Hogwarts — being every witch and wizard's safe haven shinned in a dull sullen light. As if everything that made all first years wondered in awe, disappeared within a few months, leaving the halls painted in the echoes of the students laughed. Now, it was merely a school that was heavily protected with familiar and unfamiliar faces. The Ravenclaw Tower remained as sophisticated and regal as always — dormitories as cozy as ever. Ariella found herself baffled how plain everything now seemed. Maybe side effects from getting over an unwanted break up? There was only one thing she found herself looking forward to — the Great Hall feast.

The Great Hall still held its stature as students in jewel toned robes filled the hall with laughter and cheer, despite how dull it seemed. Spoonful after spoonful, Ariella made small idle talk with fellow Ravenclaws in her year, taking a look over at the Gryffindor table every now and then; Ron was happily munching away while Ginny and Hermione had a frantic look on her face as something was off. Harry was nowhere to be found. By the look on their faces, Ariella felt as if they haven't seen Harry since he left the compartment, which now made Ariella worried. With her attention focused now on Harry, while shooting reassuring looks at Hermione who looked at her for support, as Ron was far from that, in strolled Luna, who Ariella knew to be particularly on time for the feasts.

Luna managed to find a seat beside Ariella, and immediately she was bombarded with questions.

"Are you just getting in now?" Ariella said despite the obvious fact that it was the first time she's seen her. Luna was not a hard person to spot in a crowd for her pale blonde locks stuck out as much as Draco's did.

"Bit of traffic at the gate." She smiled as she helped herself to whatever leftovers she could grab for herself. As small as she was, she did pack quite an appetite.