Chapter Twenty-Two

A blinding light flashed before their eyes, spells were whipped in every direction but none of the spells thrown manage to land a hit. With a turn of heel, the group dispersed in hopes to leave the Ministry unharmed, unfollowed and with the prophecy in hand. Each and every one of the Death Eaters apparated once they spells were fired, being in a poorly lit room there wasn’t visibility to know where they would apparate after. To their surprise, a Death Eater with their identity concealed apparated in between the group, dividing Ariella away from Cedric

   Ariella had no time to look back; she had to keep going and trust that Cedric was strong enough to handle himself, but it was him that was worried for her sake. Ariella ran neck and neck with Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione — spells were casted one after the other, but there were some that were easily deflect with a flick of the wrist.

    “Stupefy!” Hermione panted as glanced over her shoulder for a second.

   “Supplanto!” Ariella cried after, it was a spell she knew well after being a victim of it.

   The longer they continued to run, the numbers began to decrease. It started out with the eight members, each having the other’s back, shortly after an uneven number of a group of five and a group of three until a Death Eater ran in between the group of five, causing Ariella and Ginny to be pushed out in opposite ends and separated from the group.

   Ariella panted once she was alone. Her wand lit to the tip, illuminating everything around her. They may not have wanted Ariella, but she knew that one of the Death Eaters did and she didn’t want to be around for him to find her. Echoing screams and spells were heard all around her, she could hear Neville, yelling in a distance casting the paralysis charm. Ariella didn’t know where she was or which way the exit was; even if it was a dangerous decision, she ran towards the voices.

   “Lost are we?” A voice called from behind Ariella, forcing her to stop.

   Without hesitation, she flicked her wrist, releasing a bolt of red light towards Lucius who crooned his eyes coldly towards Ariella.  Lucius had not change, if anything; he had desperation plastered all over his face. Who knows what Voldemort put him through after that night in the graveyard? With ease, Lucius deflect the spell and sauntered his way towards Ariella, who had every right idea to continue running no matter what.

   Left, right and right again, she found herself closing the distance between her and her friends but Lucius was still on her tail. It wasn’t until a spell hissed from Lucius’ lips did Ariella found herself face first against the dusty stone floor. As her body impacted with the floor, her wand was forced out of her hand, rolling a mere few feet away from where she laid.

   “Oh,” Lucius clicked his tongue as he slowly walked over towards Ariella, his body standing over hers with a satisfied smile present on his lithe lips. “How the mighty have fallen. You may have had luck on your side, my dear but I’m afraid all your luck is gone.”

   As she laid helplessly, Lucius pressed the tip of his wand and the bottom of her chin, her head pushed back, catching a glimpse of her wand. If only she didn’t need a wand to cast spells, she would have push Lucius away and summon her wand back, but this wasn’t the case. No witch nor wizard has ever done magic without a wand, not in this century. Ariella’s lip quivered as if she was about to scream for help, but the minute her lip twitched, Lucius added pressure towards her chin.

   “I’ll make myself perfectly clear, you scream,” His voice came out in a seductive manner, seductive enough that death nearly clung to his every word. “I’ll finish what I should have done that night.”

   And in that moment, Ariella wasn’t afraid. How could she? She knew what she was getting herself into; she knew that Lucius might return for a chance at redemption — she couldn’t be afraid. Her brows furrowed as she pierced her eyes towards his, which caught him by surprise.