CHAPTER NINE: SOMETHING IN THE WATER

It had been two nights after my meet up with Mr. Versace and Clyde was still living at the hotel. I was not happy about the arrangements but I understood that there was a bigger picture at play.

But just before I decided to go sleep my phone rang and it was Clyde.

"hey hunny."

"Hey baby... I miss you so much. You can't even come home for a few hours? I'm sure if she has someone follow you, you can say you came to get more clothes."

"I'd rather not risk it."

"That's funny."

"What do you mean?"

"All of a sudden you're not willing to take risks. When you got us into this drug situation it was okay though? Have you told me everything Clyde!?"

"Diana, relax. Before your life wasn't directly at risk, Things are different now. But it will all be over soon. How did the meeting with Mr. Versace go?"

I could feel it in my gut that something was not right. But I mentally decided to relax because I believed removing Carmen from the equation would solve all my problems.

"Sorry baby. I just really miss you. Well Mr. Versace has access to an untraceable poisonous substance. He said he will handle what happens to the body after that."

"Wow, you really did it."

"Of course. Did you not think I would?"

"I just did not think that he would even want to get involved."

"Clyde you are being strange."

"No. I am just nervous. I just want to come home to you. So how do I help?"

"Tomorrow the poison will be secretly delivered to your office. By the time you get there, it will have arrived. It will be in a leather watch box with a champagne and whiskey bottle so it looks like a gift package. There will be a note saying, for you Love D."

"Wow Mr. Versace is quite a clever man,."

"It was actually my plan. Clyde, don't get this wrong."

"I won't. But I still don't know how to get her to take the poison."

"The champagne silly. Tell her to meet you at the hotel and celebrate finally being together. Just make sure you've poured it in her glass before she gets there. At the bottom of the watch box there will be a number. Call it when she stops breathing."

"Is it going to be a painful death for her?"

"That part I do not know."

"Okay. I promise not to let you down hunny. I will come home as soon as it's all over. "

"I know you won't. See you soon my love."

I had the strangest feeling after I put the phone down. I decided to take a shower to shake off the feeling. By the time I got out I saw a missed call from a number I didn't know. I tried to call it back but the voice over the phone said the number did not exist.

"The hell..."

The number called back seconds later.

"Who is this?"

"Diana it's Mr. Versace. Are you alone?"

"Yes."

"Diana I had someone follow your husband and do a bit more digging on this situation and my dear, you're not going to like what I have to say. "

"I'm listening..."