CHAPTER TEN: DEATH OVER DISHONOUR

It was almost midnight and I was waiting in the car with Mr. Versace. His driver's phone rang and it was Clyde on the phone letting him know it was done. Mr. Versace looked over at me and placed his hand on mine. It was oddly very comforting.

"You sure about going up alone Diana?"

"Very."

I walked into the hotel and up to the room Clyde was in. There was Clyde on the bed next to Carmen's body.

"Diana hunny. I didn't think you'd be here. didn't want you to be a witness to all of this."

"Oh Shut up Clyde. You spineless lying piece of filth of a man."

Clyde sat still with a very confused look on his face.

" All these years of marriage and I've been married to someone I never even knew."

"Diana what are you talking about?"

"Mr. Versace had someone follow you. You knew the whole time that Carmen would never have someone follow you because the fact of the matter is the affair was real the whole time. Except she was not the one pulling the strings, you were. The man followed you to dirk street where you met up with king lee...The other drug lord that's in the game that you didn't bother to tell me about."

"Diana listen I can explain."

"Explain what? Explain how you were making a deal with Mr. Lee to have Carmen taken out the way and you would take over the business for yourself? You were using me. "

"Diana. Hunny listen I did all of this for us."

"You did this for you. You're so selfish how did I not know this after all these years. I trusted you when you came home late, when money was missing, when you had to go on business trips without me. What were you going to do once Carmen was out the way, have me killed?"

"Never."

"I don't believe you. You've always been a power hungry man, and it's sad to know that it was one of the reasons I married you."

"So what are you going to do, kill me Diana? You don't have it in you."

"It's already been done. You've always said how much you loved your whiskey more than life itself."

"You bitch!"

Clyde got up to attack me, but the poison had already settled in. He fell to the ground, choking at coughing out blood. The poison Carmen took was painless, but I was not about to give Clyde the same courtesy. I watched him as the life painfully faded away from him and he collapsed on the floor. Once I was satisfied that he was dead, I called Mr. Versace.

"It's done."

"My men will be there in two minutes. There's a black Mercedes waiting for you outside to take you home with some money for all your troubles."

"My troubles? But I came to you for help."

"Take the money Diana. "

"Thank you. Oh and Mr. Versace."

"Yes?"

"I am very grateful for everything. But I do hope we never cross paths again."

"I benefited very well from this arrangement, you are not in my debt and we never met. Goodbye Diana."