CHAPTER ELEVEN: QUEEN

It had been months since Clyde's funeral and I had finally moved into my new home with my sister. I was keeping myself busy with store expansions and starting new business ventures.

When Clyde died, everyone looked at me as the poor loyal wife who had been lied to by her secretive drug dealing husband. Of course there were those who questioned my innocence, but they were too afraid to say anything to my face.

I was sorting out boxes with my sister for my new supplies when I heard an unfamiliar cellphone ring in the house.

"Sis, is that your phone?"

"No. where is it coming from?"

We searched the house and eventually the sound got louder as we entered into the kitchen. I noticed that the drawer where the cutlery stays was slightly open. My sister and I looked at each other with a hint of fear in our eyes and then I decided to answer the phone.

"Whose this?"

"Hi Diana. It's Mr. Versace."

My heart dropped. I knew it was too good to be true when he promised never to contact me again.

"Yes?"

"You settling in just fine? Loving the new stores you have planned to open. Doing quite well for yourself."

"Is there something I can do for you Mr. Versace."

"Yes. Be ready by seven. There's a dress waiting for you upstairs."

"How did you?..."

"I am who I am Diana."

"What do you want from me?"

"Your time."

"Excuse me?"

"Diana. All those months ago when I helped, it was not because I needed you. I was already planning on taking Carmen out myself, but I did not consider the clean and efficient use of  untraceable poison. That was brilliant."

"Thank you, but I cannot be a part of the drug business."

"Diana. I am not asking you to be part of the drug business. I'm asking you on a date."

"A date?"

"Diana. You are the most fascinating woman I have ever met. This is not about drugs, I will always keep you far away from all that."

"Did you just say always?"

"Yes. I'm not just asking you on a date... I'm asking you to be mine."

"If I say yes to the date, will you stop having people follow me and putting random items in my house?"

"No."

"What?!"

"You're a diamond, not an animal. They are not following you, they are protecting you."

A drug dealer with a heart? Sounds like all sorts of drama and trouble.

"You said seven right?..."

......................................... END