27.Roman

"We're looking for a Patton Mathews." I looked out to find several men standing in the middle of the station, guns in hand. Shit... "If you all want to live I suggest you get out!" One of them started randomly shooting causing people run. Everyone was gone in a matter of seconds. Pretty amazing how motivational a death threat is... not. 

"Roman." I looked over to find Patton fearfully looking out the door. Logan pulled him into a hug and I took a deep breath.

"We're going to start counting. If we don't have Patton by the time I say..."

"Hey, asshat!" Yes, score! Supernatural reference for the win. Wait, stop. Focus Roman! The men spun around, pointing their guns at me and I smiled, threateningly... Or attempted to be threatening. " Don't you know that shooting into an open crowd is a big no no... I'm gonna have to arrest you. Luckily..." The men started laughing and held out my hand forcing the guns out of theirs. " We're already downtown."

"Where is Patton Mathews?"

"You know that name doesn't ring a bell." They growled and got a bit nervous. These aren't humans. I got that much. What I don't know is if not human, what are they? "Where's Virgil Vanhelsing." The one guy that did all the talking stepped forward, laughing.

"You know that name doesn't ring a bell." He raised his arm and I felt like I couldn't breathe. God damn Darth Vader force choking,  bitch! "I wonder what Miss Aemilia would say if we also brought his love." My eyes widen in shock. His love? Whose love? What? Wait, Aemilia?

"EMMY?!" He had me by the throat, anger piercing through his eyes. He growled, squeezing tightly. He took a deep breath and his eye grew big, as he began smelling me. It was weird and seriously creepy.

"Huh, I guess the family didn't die out." Wait for what? what family? Who died out? What's going on?

"ROMAN!" Patton ran out of the office with Logan right behind him. It only took seconds for them to get caught as well. Damn it. I need to stop showing off, and just kick ass.

"And there's the man of honor." The man holding on to me smirked. "Your Aunt is looking forward to meeting you. Get the van." one of the men disappeared, while the others started putting these chains on us. As soon as it went on, it felt like it was draining me. "Feels weird right?" I looked up to find the guy twirling the keys around his finger. "They're a family tool. Melted down spirit blades into cuffs for capture. Aemilia thought it would help. It did."

"So, what. You planning on killing us." He leaned over gripping my collar and grinning like a murderous freak. 

"No... So much worse."

We were all thrown in the back of this big black van. It smelled and it was dark and I was not liking these chains. Patton cuddled up next to Logan as I started looking over the lock. It was a simple key lock. Those idiots figured out a way to make these but they couldn't figure out a harder lock. I pulled the pin out of my hair and Logan smirked. It was a good thing having two incredibly smart people by my side. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have pulled this off. The chains fell the ground and I made my way to undoing the others. 

Just you wait, Virgil. We on our way!