[Chap 24] Wedding

Today is my big brothers big day! It's only 2 weeks after Damon proposed. But Elena pushed Damon really hard to make this wedding like a fairytale wedding.
I walk around the decoration. They have got a beautiful theme. Everything is like a winter wonderland. They moved the wedding to New York, so there would be snow.
Damon hired a whole hotel to the guests, and me and Lannan actually got a pretty good room. As I walk in to our room, I see Lannan laying in bed, editing yet another a video. Does he ever stop?
"Lannan, get ready! The wedding starts in 2 hours!" I say, jumping in the bed.
"Babe, stop it! I'm at the outro!" Lannan say back
"Well, I'm going for I shower..." I say
"Wait! I'll join ya!" He say, rushing up.
I go to the bathroom, and get inside the shower. I can hear Lannan get in behind me. Lannan turns on the shower behind me. I turn around to face him. His beautiful eyes looks at me. He wraps his arms around my waist, and I jump up on him, so he's carrying me. Our lips connect, and we make out under the hot water. We break apart to catch our breath.
"Didn't you shower just some hours ago?" I ask laughing
"Yes, but I would gladly do it again if I could do this.." Lannan say and kisses me again.

2 hours later...

I stand besides Elena. Yes, I'm the bridesmaid. Lannan is sitting on a chair in the front row. He's wearing a dark blue tux, with a white bowtie. I'm almost matching Lannan, cause I'm wearing a dark blue dress, with some clear plastic heels. I could actually see Lannan clenching his jaw when he saw me walking in with one of Damon's friends.

"Do you Elena, take Damon to be his wife in both good and bad. In rich or poor. In health and sickness?" The priests say
" I..." Elena begins with.
But she gets interrupted by a gunshot. It travels right through her stomach. Damon catches her, as I take up my gun from my inner thigh. I can see about 15 people that are running around with black masks, shooting people. I start to shoot at them, and I hit them. I scream at Lannan to get Elena away from the shooters. Me and Damon are standing besides eachother, shooting at the men. I look at Damon for a second. And then a sharp, but familiar pain hit me in leg. I let out a little scream. I fall to the ground. Damon takes his last shot at the last person in the room. I lay on the ground, and try to stoop the bleeding. My eyes and head starts to spin. Everything goes black.

Damon's POV

Fuck! I carry my little sister back to one of the rooms. Her pulse is already going down, and she has lost a lot of blood. I rip a bit off the curtain behind me, and tie it around her leg. I call an ambulance.
I wonder what happened to Elena. If she is safe, I will owe Lannan big. I can hear some sirens outside, and I run out with y/n in my arms. When I get inside the ambulance I call Lannan from y/n's phone.
"Hey, how's Elena?" I ask
"Hey, Elena is in the hospital, in a surgery. The bullet hit her stomach. How are you and y/n?" Lannan ask
"I'm fine. But y/n got a bullet in her leg." I say
"Oh shit. Are you guys on the way over to the hospital?" Lannan ask
"Yeah, we will be there in about 2 minutes"

When I end the call, we have arrived. They take my sister away in a bed. I see Lannan sitting on a chair, outside Elena's room.
I walk towards him. Giving him a hug. I can feel by his muscles that he got surprised by my hug.
"Thank you, for saving Elena's life. If you didn't run away with her, she may not have made it. I owe you." I say
"It was nothing. I did what everyone would have done." Lannan say

5 hours later...

"So, Elena Gilbert, is going to survive. But, the bullet did some bad damage to her abdomen.." the doctor say
"How bad?!" I ask
"Well, she's not going to be able to have any children..." the doctor say
"W-what?" I stutter, feeling my eyes get filled with tears.
I walk away, out. The fresh cold air hits me like a truck. This is not what should've happened! Not on our wedding day!

Lannan's POV

I look at the doctor.
"So there is no possible way that Elena is ever going to be able to have children?" I ask
"Maybe there is a 2% chance." The doctor say
"News on my girlfriend?" I ask
"Oh yeah, I forgot. She's going to survive. But there is also another thing. Did you know that she was pregnant?" The doctor ask