Eight

Ronald was the only one left in the building. Even Gabriel, his best friend, had gone home. Well, except for the cleaners and security guards who were cleaning and guarding the building respectively.

He was trying to finish some work concerning a contract with some foreign investors who would be coming over in a few days.

Forty-three minutes later, Ronald decided to call it a day.

He found himself very eager to go home. Not only because of his daughter but also because of Adrie and Raina.

A small smile crept to his lips at the thought of Raina. Whenever he was around her, he had this weird feeling in his stomach. He knew he was attracted to her but he had no idea if she felt the same way.

Ronald stood up from his chair and started arranging his table and at the same time putting some important documents in his briefcase. He picked up his phone, briefcase, then exited his office, shutting the door behind him.

"Hey, Ronald." A lady's voice came through which made Ronald stop in his tracks. He was close to stepping into the elevator.

"Not again" he mumbled as he turned to the brown-headed woman who called him. He thought he was the only one left in the building. He wondered what she was still doing in the office.

"It's been a while, Ronald. Looks like you've been avoiding me lately." She said with a small smile as she approached Ronnie.

One thing Ronald had known Loretta for was that she was a fashion freak and she never ceases to amaze everyone with her dressing sense. She dresses classy and professional. Just like now, she was putting on slim-fitted dark pants trousers which showed her curves with a white sleeveless shirt which showed a little bit of her cleavage.

Her chocolate brown hair was let down and it fitted her perfectly. Even though working hours had ended a long time ago, she still looked good in the sense that her makeup was still perfect on her face with her attractive red lipstick.

As usual, her dressing would never be complete without her jewelry. She finally approached Ronald and hugged him.

Loretta noticed this was the first time this week that she was bumping into him and it was already the end of the third day of the week. Perhaps, he had been avoiding her purposely.

Loretta worked for Ronald and that made Ronald her Boss. She was the head of Human Resources and also an important member of the board.

Apart from the fact that Loretta was obsessed with Ronald Gidwani, she was very good at her job, her ideas were always brilliant and she was way too smart. "Beauty with brains." That was what they called her in the office.

Almost everyone in the company admired her for her efficiency. Most especially the female staff and they all knew she was obsessed with the Boss which was why they dare not flirt with him because no one wanted to face her wrath.

To be honest, Loretta was a very attractive woman. If she passed by your side, you would be tempted to look back and take a glance at her.

Ronald would agree with anyone that she was beautiful but he never had any interest in her. He had made it known to her severally but she kept telling him that as long as he was still single, she would never stop trying.

And that kept Ronald wondering, How would other women approach him when she was always all over him?. That was why he stopped taking her out on dinner dates with his clients because with the way she was always being cozy around him, people assumed they were already a couple.

"Why are you just leaving the office?. You should be in your house by now" he said as he pulled away from the hug.

"I was just trying to finish up some work." She replied as they walked side by side towards the elevator.