Chapter 7 : Nightmares

"The little girl around 6 years old was wearing a light pink frock with her hair braided. she was running around with a bunch of kids in the park, but something made her stand out. the little girl was glowing, her brown hair was shimmering in the light and her frock swayed as she ran with the kids. her parents were sitting on the bench smiling at their daughter. the little girl was laughing at something her friend said when the darkness started to consume the light, slowly everyone around her disappeared and the place becomes dark. the girl was standing alone now looking scared, tears formed in her eyes, suddenly she was a young woman. she was staring at a stormy day as a car was passing by her, she could see a happy couple inside the car. out of nowhere a tree appeared and the car hit the tree, she could see blood streaming down the car. the young woman was crying and everything started to go blank......."

I screamed and woke up from my nightmare. I was the girl in my dreams and I just saw my adopted parents die again. it has been so long since I have had this dream.  I am really happy in the town of wysteria being a queen. the clock showed me the time was 2 am. finding out about me real parents kindled my old memories. 

I made myself some pasta and lemonade, weirdly I was feeling really hungry. after I ate I went to the theatre room and put up a random movie.

I was dozing off when I heard a sound, something similar to a vase falling off and breaking. I quietly picked up the fork I used to eat with and went to the source of sound. it came near the backdoor hallway. when I reached there the moon was shining from the glass windows, I saw somebody dash through the back door, they were wearing a hood, they escaped before I could catch them. panicking I locked all the windows and doors in the mansion and called Emilia, Adrianna, and Sofia. sofia just returned from a trip. 

I was waiting near the door nervously when Sofia came in. 

"Jocelyn, are you alright my dearest sister? What has happened to our queen" Sofia was talking when Emilia interrupted 

"Sofia quit your dramatic manner for a little while, our Jocelyn was attacked. and Sof how did you reach so quickly your house is like 30 minutes away "

" Godmother.... you were always so curious. I was nearby visiting a friend of mine. in fact, I am courting him."

" CidenSof quit your dramatic ways for a little while! Can't you see Jocelyn is shaking with fear."

"I agree with em, Sofia this is serious!" Adrianna cam through the door.

Em made me sit on the sofa while Adrianna locked up the door

"What happened Jocelyn?" asked em. 

so I told them everything. when I was done I was feeling much better. 

"Jocelyn dear I was hoping you would have more time to settle in but I think its time you start learning your magic. I will personally teach you. is that alright?'

" Em, could I assist you if you don't mind? she is my sister after all" Sofia said in a surprisingly normal way. 

"I don't mind unless Jocelyn does" Emilia answered

" well em I would love to learn from you, and Sofia I don't mind as long as you don't disturb us"

"Awww... My sister is letting her teach her magic. I am teaching the queen magic! I feel so honored" so Sofia was back to her dramatic self. Emilia gave her a stern look.

"What godmother? Jocelyn is fine now isn't she." Sofia shot back

everyone started to laugh. I felt a yawn escape my mouth. 

"Well looks like Jocelyn is sleepy. Sofia please put wards surrounding the mansion, I will put Jocelyn to bed. em, do you mind staying here tonight, just in case, for Jocelyn?" Adrianna asked in a motherly tone. I totally forgot she was there.

"Sure Madam Adrianna, the princess is going to go outside and place the wards! toodles!" Sofia sing-sang and left

" I don't mind staying here. do you Jocelyn?" Em asked

" I sure don't"  yawned again

" come on jocey dear time for bed" Adrianna dragged me to bed

________________________

Yesterday felt like a dream. the attack, the nightmare, and everything.

I feel and look much better today. 

"Jocelyn dear, you are wake! how are you feeling?" I totally forgot Emilia was staying over. 

"Much better Em!" I said cheerfully. 

"You ready to learn magic," she said making a bowl of cereal appear in front of me.

"if its anything like what you did, hell yeah!"

"Sofia and I will come over today evening, wear something comfy, you are going to do some physical work and don't worry there are tons of theory too. I have to go to the healer's campus now. bye Jocelyn"

"Bye em! I am looking forward to today evening

___________________