Chapter 13: The Ceremony

Adrianna woke me up around 2'o clock, for lunch.  To state I was grumpy was an understatement. I had to have my cup of coffee before functioning normally. I had some pasta for lunch. As soon as I finished eating, Adrianna pulled me to do my makeup. The ceremony was starting at 6. It was a good thing that I already had my dress picked out yesterday. Adrianna took her time to do my makeup and hair. Apparently I was only allowed to wear black to the ceremony. As it was the only color that did not reveal the types of power I had. Wearing any other color would have been a clue as to what my powers are. None the less my dress looked fabulous. Soon enough everyone was ready and in their dresses. Sofia and Emilia joined us right after lunch.

Here are our dresses:

Jocelyn's Look: 

Adrianna's Look:

Sofia's Look:

Emilia's Look:

Emilia's Look:

Everyone borrowed jewelry from the crown's vault.

I was supposed to wear a black dress, so I wore a black lace dress, shorter in the front and long in the back. I also wore black diamonds set to match with it.

  Adrianna being the daredevil fashionista she is wearing a mustard-colored bodycon dress with an emerald set. 

Sofia, unlike last time, wore a long dress in lavender with floral pink, she had deep pink jewelry set with it.

Emilia as always was simple and elegantly dressed in a wine-colored velvet short dress, with a pearl set and silver heels.

All the decorations were up. The ceremony was taking place in the ballroom.  In the middle of the room, there was a golden cauldron. next to it was a table with the ingredients needed. Somehow even the rabbit sweat looked elegant in the vial. Slowly guests started to fill up the room. There were also journalists present. I didn't know anyone int the room. Before the actual finding ceremony, snacks and drinks were passed around. I was pleasantly chatting with the girls.

"So Jocelyn, My big sister, Queen of Arlandra. A little birdie told me you are dating the most eligible bachelor in town." Sofia asked with her usual dramatics. Before I could answer, I heard a voice

"Why yes, she is. My princess. The lady next to me is currently courting me" It was logan who had said that. He came up from nowhere and stood next to me. Hearing his statement, It was clear he was trying to mimic Sofia's dramatics.

"There is no use talking like that logan, she always talks like that" I informed him. He was wearing a tux, and he looked as handsome as ever. 

"Oh!" He said. " Sorry to disturb you ladies but I wanted to dance with this beautiful women here" He held out his hands for a dance

We both went dancing. It was a slow song, as we were dancing I asked him " We are now dating huh? We only went on one date" 

"Mhmm... We are... Only if you want to though" 

"Sure Logan.. Whatever you say"

"You look gorgeous joce! Black suits you."

"Why thank you, kind sir," I said and giggled. We continued dancing.

"Logan....."

"Ya Joce?"

"I have to warn you. I don't want you finding out with everyone else"

" Is this about your powers Jocelyn? It honestly wouldn't matter to me" He said sweetly

"Yeah... You see I have 6 powers. And one of them is time" I whispered quietly into his ears so no one else can hear us.

"That's very cool Jocelyn! It just means that I have powerful women by my side, What are your other 5 powers" He asked curiously

" Air, Water, Fire, Household and psychic" I whispered again.

"That's so cool Jocelyn, Don't worry. I understand why you are nervous now. These people truly love you. Tonight will be perfect" He whispered back to me. I was not able to control my blush. Emilia came to us and said" Its time Jocelyn come to the center near the cauldron" I quickly nodded my head. Logan tightly squeezed my hand and let go of me.

Once I reached the center of the room, The same man who did my coronation stood there. He was mixing the ingredients together. My eyes caught logan's and he mouthed" It's going to be alright" I smiled at him.

"And lastly a few drops of your blood my queen. If I may" The man asked. I held out my hand and a few drops were mixed with the potions. Soon enough the potion changed the 6 colors. The people were not able to see the potion, so the man announced my powers.

" Lemon Yellow for a household witch, Sky Blue For Air Elemental witch, Dark blue for Water Elemental witch, Red for fire elemental witch and emerald green for a psychic witch and lastly Royal purple for time witch" HE announced. People who already knew were watching others' reactions. There were a few gasps and murmurs.

"6 powers?!"

"Time witch!?"

" She is the most powerful queen we have ever had"

"She is born to do great things"

"Hope she is able to control her powers"

I was so thankful everyone was supportive even if they were surprised. The rest of the night was spent dancing with logan and making conversations with random people. The finding ceremony went better than I thought it would. It was almost 10.

"Come on sleepyhead, I will take you to your room" Logan offered and I reluctantly agreed. Just as I was about to doze off I could see logan kissing my forehead and whispering "I will always protect you, my queen. Sleep tight Jocelyn." I remember smiling before going completely blank.

______________

Do you guys like me adding the outfits I put together for the characters? Should I continue doing it in the future? Also, I think the crowns vault has the same teardrop pendant necklace in every color! Lol! I think my taste in fashion is very clear. Even though I try to put together different outfits.  I really love Adrianna's look. But I personally would prefer Sofia's.

Amirtha