Chapter 11: Truth

" Please tell me what we are doing here again."

Sonoko raised her eyebrows at Sanshriyuki as she pulled out the key to the room and unlocked it. " Didn't we just go through this?" she asked him wirily, looking around the empty collidors, satisfied by her own cunning, and shut the door behind her. She walked briskly over to the huge cupboard at the back of the faculty room. " I'm going to remove a considerable amount of votes from Shiho's voting box secretly with you, and tomorrow at the balloting, she will lose and of course, Ran would defeat her easily."

" Miyano-sensei."

" What?"

" Miyano-sensei. You said Shiho. She's our teacher after all, and deserves our respect."

" Right. Miyano-sensei." Sonoko said carelessly, unlocking the cabinet and started to grab the box labelled ' SHIHO' and dropped them onto the table before her. " Thanks for helping me, by the way." she snapped, rolling her eyes.

" You never asked me," Sanshriyuki said, walking over to her to help her unlock Shiho's box with the new key that she handed him. " How many keys do you have, anyway?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

" You don't want to know." she said, chomping into an apple she had kept in her pocket. " I even have the key to the boy's lockerroom."

His eyes widened. " So have you. . .?"

" Don't be stupid." she snapped. " But girls paid me hundreds just to borrow it. 50 dollars for a minute."

" That's scary."

" No it's not." Sonoko said impatiently, taking another bite. " Girl have their urges too, you know."

" I mean the number of votes Miyano-sensei got. Look at them!"

" Just hurry up." Sonoko snapped, tossing the apple core aside. " Take out five. I have faith in Ran's popularity. Just taking out five would be enough for Ran to bowl Shiho over her legs."

" Miyano-sensei." he corrected her.

" Miyano-sensei." she said, rolling her eyes again.
" I don't see why you like her so much."

Sanshriyuki looked offended. " You fancy the gym teacher." he argued.

" Because he's hot." Sonoko aruged back.

" And you're saying Miyano-sensei isn't?"

Silence.

" Do you want me to add more votes to your name?" Sonoko asked.

" I don't care about myself." he said. " I just want Miyano-sensei."

" Pervert."

" Egoist."

Silence again.

" You're crushing the voting slips."

" Sorry."

----------------

It was seven.

Shinichi was starting to get worried by now. He had been waiting for exactly half an hour now, and he was wondering if anything had happened to Shiho. His hands were grasped on her doorknob now, contemplating whether it would be better to wait for another few minutes or to just go out and check. He raised his eyebrows at himself and stopped, snapping his fingers impatiently.

It was when he had made his mind and to open the door when it magically slammed right in his face, and there was a moment of silence as Shiho stood there, a bowl of porridge in her hands, watching Shinichi cradle his nose painfully, the door creaking away from the harmed surface.