Tested (Pt. 1)

*RIIIIIIIING*

Why? I'm not even awake yet. My hand started flying around and looking for the alarm, then I found my big flashlight and started bashing it against the clock. I heard it fall and crash. 

"Oh geez." I groaned, knowing this was the fifth alarm clock I've broke since I've been in New York. Hey, it's not my fault I can't stand the sound of a bussing alarm clock...or any alarm come to think of it. "Why me Lord? You got a gay ecology theatre nerd in the next room?" I said out loud.

"You broke the clock again didn't you?" Sebastian asked, his eyes were still shut tight.

"Sorry." I replied, getting out of bed.

"What time is it? Since you broke the alarm clock?" he asked me. I grabbed my phone off the side table and checked while pulling a dress out of my closet. 

"Eight o'clock. Do you wanna wake the roomies or should I?" I asked.

"It's funnier when you do it." he replied, now opening his eyes and smiling at me.

"I got make breakfast first, that way they won't be mad at me for too long." I said. Sebastian decided to get out of bed and start getting ready for school. 

"So how much does an alarm clock cost in New York?" he asked.

"Maybe thirty bucks for one of the good digital ones that tell you the weather too." I replied.

"Just use the phone alarm. That way you won't have to break it." he said.

This was a normal day in the apartment of the Berry, Lavek, Hummel, Anderson and Smythe family. Yes, we decided to call ourselves a family, but a strange one at that. Everymorning started out with either me or Sebastian waking up first, then one of us waking up the rest of our roomates while the other made breakfast. And usually it starts like this, with a pot and a wooden spoon.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

"UP AND AT 'EM THEATRE KIDS! IT'S O'EIGHT HUNDRED AND SOMETHING HOURS AND WE GOTTA CATCH A DUMB SUBWAY TO TWO FA SCHOOLS AND A DESIGNER'S PARADISE IN THE BIG APPLE! BREAKFAST THIS MORNING CONSISTS OF SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH THE POSSIBLE SHELL AS MY DEAR BOYFRIEND IS COOKING THIS TIME,"

"I'm right here." Sebastian said from the kitchen.

*BANG* *BANG*

"ALONG WITH A SIDE OF BACK-BACON AND NOBODY CARES!" I shouted to him.

"You're lucky I love you." he said.

"Pride myself." I replied. Blaine was the first to pop his head out from his room curtain.

"How come you torture us with your pots and your pans and your loud voice?" he asked.

"Because I'm not sqwuaking my voice every day like you are, so I got something to sqwuak in the mornings." I replied.

"I hate it when she's right." Kurt muttered from his room. I smirked and went back into the kitchen, dropped the pot and the spoon back in the drawer. Sebastian was at the stove and cooking eggs, wearing his favorite pair of jeans and a tight t-shirt. It showed off the curves and sculpts of his body, and my eyes couldn't help but wander.

"I know you're checking me out." he sang. I just scoffed.

"The only checking I'm doing is making sure there're no shells in those eggs." I replied. 

"I'm sure you are. What do you prefer? Over or up?" he asked. It took me a minute before I realised that he was making a sex joke.

"Kay, no sex while we're cooking breakfast. Please? 'Cause you know what we got in the next two rooms." I said. He looked around the corner before turning and taking me by the waist.

"How long do you think before they come in?" he asked in a hoarse whisper. 

"Well they usually take twenty minutes in the bathroom, what do you wanna do till then?" I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him closer. 

"I got a few ideas." he replied, then placing his lips onto mine.

"Oh my god, why is it whenever we're not in the room you two have to be jumping each other like animals?" and...the moment is gone. Rachel was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and a flat look on her face.

"Oh hush, we have rights too you know." I said as I pushed him away.

"And we respect that, just do it in the privacy in your own bedroom." she replied, strutting through the kitchen in her hot pink skater dress and her knee high black boots on. One kick about Rachel living with me, I updated her style so she looks a thousand times better.

"Right, right, when Brody was here it wouldn't matter if you were in your room, in the closet or for pete sake the living room, you just kept on going, isn't that right?" I asked her.

"Are you gonna fight about this now?" she asked.

"No. Nobody's fighting this morning or we're gonna miss the subway." Kurt said as he came in.

"He's right, I'm not going to be home 'till seven tonight because I got a lecture to go to. So just keep dinner warm tonight." Blaine said as he followed him.

"What is for dinner tonight?" Rachel asked.

"You want to time travel to the future and find out?" I asked her.

"One little change has a ripple effect and it affects everything else." Sebastian said. 

"Like a butterfly floats its wings and Tokyo explodes or there's a tsunami, in like, you know," Blaine decided to join in, along with Kurt. They were quoting Hot Tub Time Machine.

"somewhere." Rachel and I rolled our eyes and looked at each other. 

Boys.

"Let's hear it for the sci-fi nerds." I said to her.

"PZZT!"

"Hey, that was a good movie." Sebastian said.

"Whatever floats your boat." Rachel replied.

"Not boat, hot tub." Blaine joked. I gave him a flat look in return.

"I will beat you with a phone book."