EIGHTEEN

Jonathan knew he was alone even before he opened his eyes. There was no extra weight or body heat beside him and the room was quiet. Had Penny left? He hoped not. Last night had been amazing but he didn't have any illusions of starting a relationship with her. She had a lot of things to figure out before she even considered having a relationship with anyone. They both did. And if she wanted his help, he'd give it to her without expecting anything in return. He would have also told her that of she hadn't upped and left.

Shifting his eyes open he stared at the ceiling above him. He couldn't leave Italy illegally. That was Wes' territory. If he tried to have someone smuggle him out or anything like that, his former partner would capture him in seconds. All criminals big or small reported to him and no one would dare go against him unless they wanted to end up dead. So he was left with one choice. Leave through the airport. Sure, all of them would be crawling with his men but they wouldn't notice him if he hid in plain sight. Wasn't that the first thing he'd learnt? Becoming someone else? He could close his eyes as Jonathan and open them as Diego - a drug junkie - or Victor -a banker - or even Xavier -an assassin -. He'd perfected the art of being an imposter. He could be whoever he wanted at the drop of a hat. It was why he'd succeeded in fooling Wes for so long.

Confident that he had a solid plan, he got up and went to take a shower. The lukewarm water came as a surprise considering the place. In fact he'd only expected the toilet to work. The rest weren't necessary but since the shower was in good condition, he was going to take advantage of that. Using the bar of soap that was provided by the motel, he lathered himself up remembering last night's events. He hadn't planned on sleeping with Penny but dammit, if he could have prevented it. The way she felt wrapped around was unlike anything he'd ever experienced before. If he could, he'd go in search of her and never let her out of his sight. But their lives were complicated enough without adding each other to the equation. It would be best for the both of them if he let her go. Maybe he'd check on her to make sure she was okay when he got home but that had to be it. He couldn't go looking for her. Ever.

Stepping out of the shower that had already gone cold, he wrapped a towel around his waist and opened the bathroom door only to stop. "Do you need any help with that?" Penny asked pointing at his erection. He'd hoped it would go away on its own after he stopped thinking about her but clearly his dick had a mind of its own, judging from how harder he got at the mention of her offer.

"I thought you left" Jonathan said moving into the room. The immense relief he felt at seeing her did nothing to calm him down. He didn't want to show her how much he cared or he would lose it, storm across the room and repeat last night all over again.

"Yeah. I was hungry so I went in search of breakfast. Did you know we're all people are talking about out there?" she said taking off the cap on her head, he hadn't noticed she was wearing. "Two American agents turned terrorists running away from the authorities. We're famous baby" he raised his eyebrows at the term of endearment. She advanced on him a playful glint in her eyes. "I believe last night you had your fun. Now it's my turn" Jonathan watched her, waiting to see what she had in mind. They were playing a dangerous game and for the life of him he didn't have the will to stop it. He wanted her but they weren't in a position to keep doing this. Wes' goons could barge in at any moment and they needed to be on alert. Not having sex. But then again, this wasn't just sex. At least not to him. She ripped his towel off and dropped to her knees making him take a step back

"Penny....." he warned darkly.

"Come on big boy, don't tell me you're scared of me now"

"I'm not scared." he was. It scared him that if she did this he would never be able to be with someone else. Last night had already tied him in knots. Her on her knees sucking him off? He'd never get that image out of his head. He didn't need to attach himself to her more than he had.