Epilogue-ish

There were kids of all ages running everywhere screaming happily. The outfits their parents had put them in were wasted on them because they couldn't care less how pretty or clean or even expensive they were. Rolling around on the grass, jumping up and down, spilling food all over themselves. It was a happy day in deed. Especially for the birthday duo. They might never remember it but the pictures would tell it all.

Jonathan sat in his car trying to gather the courage to go in. This time it wouldn't be easy to sneak in like last time because they were expecting him. Everyone had to be on the lookout. He also couldn't go back because he'd promised Jennifer he would be here. That woman hadn't stopped hounding him ever since she found out the truth. He'd tried to tell her she was crazy but she wouldn't budge. Then he'd gone and called her Jenna because he was so nervous. There was no denying it any more after that. He'd also told her that it was up to her to tell whoever she wanted. Now that the secret was out, there was no need to keep pretending. She'd appointed herself the intermediary, keeping him up to date with whatever was going on.

Jere had gone a whole month without talking to his/ their father. His silence was justified but it didn't make him feel any better. He'd understood the reasons that led to him being separated from his family. Oscar had put Daniel in a difficult position. It took guts to give away your child, especially when it was under duress. Which is why he hadn't come back. He had no intention of creating a rift between those two. But sometimes things happened for a reason. Or maybe he just wanted to be back. After all wasn't he the one who'd told Jennifer his real name? If he hadn't opened his mouth he would still be Jonathan, the Lone Wolf.

A knock on his window snapped him out of his thoughts. Chloe or was it Zoe? - he couldn't tell them apart - was there motioning for him to open the window. "Uh hey" God. This was going to be an awkward day. How was he to talk to anyone if he didn't know how or where to start? Hey. It's me Jonathan. I mean Justin. And you are?

"Get out before they see you"

"Before who sees me?"

"Everyone. Hurry"

The second he opened the door, she was tagging on his hand to pull him out. He complied going along with her just to see where they were going. She snuck him into the house and up the stairs without anyone seeing them. If she wanted to, she'd make a good agent. "In here" it was her room judging from all the pink decor. The color was blinding not to mention the frilly lace sheets, which made him cringe. "You really are our brother. Aren't you?" at his confusion she sat on the bed patting the space beside her. "You have this expression that dad and Jere always have when they come in here. These days they stop at the door saying they can't handle all the girlie stuff going on."

"Sorry. It's just all this pink" he gestured with his hand. "Even a color blind man would protest."

She giggled "Just between the two of us, I do it to keep everyone out. I'm color blind so I had Zoe pick out the brightest one. I'm Chloe btw. I used to have short hair, which is how everyone could tell us apart but I let my hair grow out because I wanted to confuse everyone. Only mom can tell us apart now. Dad pretends to know who is who but he always confuses us and we let him keep thinking he's right. It's really funny. I'm sure that if Marina and Mark weren't boy and girl, he wouldn't know who is who"

Jonathan sat there, content to listen to her talk. It was calming to know he didn't have to try when it came to her. She talked about everything and nothing. School, Zoe, Jenna, Jere, the other kids they'd adopted who according to her was absurd because you couldn't just start raising seven kids all at once. She was quite the chatter box and funny. He found himself laughing at the outrageous stories she told him about their childhood and the mischief that seemed to follow them everywhere. She was charming and his sister. It only sunk in then. That the Lone Wolf wasn't alone anymore. He had two sisters, seven nieces and nephews, a sister in law and step mother on top of his family. That realization was a bit overwhelming.