Part 9

Grayson's POV

Ethan has been really quiet ever since our parents came to see him. At first, it worried me but I think he's just a bit shaken up about what Nate did. Speaking of Nate, he also has a few bruises. I went to his house, while Ethan was getting a check up by the doctors, and confronted him.

*flashback*

I knocked on the door, anger spilling out of me.
"Hey, Grayson. Long time no see, I've missed you man," he smiled.
"Don't 'hey' me, you dick! I can't believe what you did to Ethan," I yelled, standing on the porch of his huge house.
"Chill, dude. I don't know what you're talking about. He's probably just sick of being hated and did it for some attention and sympathy," he laughed.
"You twat! He didn't do this to himself!"
"I didn't touch your brother," he denied.
"Yeah? Then mind telling me why he's in hospital with a broken nose and rib and severe blood loss? Why he's shaking with fear because he got beaten up in the bathroom and was left alone while the school was on fire!"
"I-I erm," He stuttered.
"That's what I thought,"
I punched him and he fell forwards. Before he hit the ground, I grabbed him and kneed him in the stomach.
"Don't you EVER come near me or my brother again! And to think I actually used to call you my best friend,"

*end of flashback*

It's now the first day back at school. It was closed for a week and part of it is still in construction. I spent most of my free week in hospital, with Ethan. Although he was allowed to come home yesterday. Surprisingly, our parents only visited him that one time in hospital and when we got home yesterday, they didn't say a word to him.

Ethan's POV

It's the first day at school today. I still have a very painful, broken rib and an almost healed broken nose. I wondered if Grayson had told anyone about what happened , I mean I asked him not too but I don't know if he actually listened. I don't want people to talk to me at school just because they feel sorry for me. So I hope and pray that nobody knows.

I walk through the school doors, with Grayson right beside me. It makes me feel so happy and safe that he cares so dearly for me. It almost makes me forget all the bad things that are happening. As I walked along the hallway, I got no weird, sympathetic looks. Which I was pleased about. However I still got the occasional dirty look and the words 'freak' or 'loser' thrown at me but that was nothing new.

The day was passing quickly, which was surprising, probably because I was with Grayson constantly. It's lunch and I haven't been to the toilet all day. I needed it sooo bad but that bathroom terrifies me. I was aware that Grayson would come with me and I would be protected but I just couldn't bring myself to go back in there.

I've now got P.E, which usually isn't too bad but I was obviously not allowed to participate right now. So I am going to be very bored for the whole hour. The more bored I became, the more I thought about things. Including how much I desperately needed to use the toilet. Every other bathroom was under construction, so I had no choice but to go to that one or I was going to burst. I finally plucked up the courage and slowly began to walk towards the door. I really am pathetic, just like my parent said. I can't even go to the bathroom without the feeling of fear.  I stepped inside and felt nothing. I was proud that I had gotten through it... almost.

I suddenly started to get flashbacks of being punched, repeatedly and began feeling dizzy. The feeling of needing to pee was quickly replaced with a wave of panic washing over me. My breathing started to get heavy as I slid down the wall. I was trembling, I pulled my knees to my chest hugging them and sweat was dripping down my forehead. I reached for my phone and my breath was shortening as I began to text Grayson. At the back of my mind I knew he was not likely to come because he was in class.

Me: Grayson, I need you to come to the bathroom.
Me: Gray, please. I need you to come help me, I can't breathe.

"P-please r-read this G-Gray," I wished.

Why does everything bad always happen to me?

The pain in my chest was growing, tears streamed down my face and i felt as though I was choking. If felt like a huge Hoover was sucking all of the air from my lungs. Then someone came through the door and rushed towards me.
"Hey, hey. You okay?" He asked.
I couldn't speak so I just shook my head.
"Okay, I'm Theo. I need you to breathe for me. Can you tell me your name?"
"G-get Grayson, g-go get G-G-Grayson," was all I could say.
"Okay, do you know what class he's in?"
"2-204," I shivered.
"Okay, wait here,"

Grayson's POV

I was sitting in class, when the door burst open, revealing a guy I can't say that I've ever seen before.
"Grayson? Is there a Grayson in here?" He rushed.
"Erm that me," I raised my hand.
" I should have guessed, you look just like him. You need to come with me, now. There's someone, who I assume is your brother, asked me to get you, he's not doing too well,"
As soon as he said that, I rushed out of my seat.
"Where is he?"
"In the bathroom,"
We both rushed down the stairs and he stopped when we got to the door.
"I'll give you two some privacy. I'll wait out here," he smiled and I nodded.

I walked inside to see Ethan hugging his skinny legs, his eyes red and puffy.
"Ethan, god what happened?" I quizzed.
He didn't speak, he just continued to gasp for air.
"E, look at me. You nee to breathe, you having a panic attack. Breathe with me, Ethan, in 1..2..3, out 1..2..3," we continued to do this until he began to breathe normally again.
"Ethan, what happened," I said, sympathetically.
"I-I don't know. I j-just came in here and I started imagining what Nate did and well then this happened,"
I hugged him tightly, from the side, his head resting on my shoulder. I despise seeing him like this. It breaks my heart at the amount of times he's cried lately. I hate not being able to make him smile and laugh like when we were little.
"Come on, E. Let's go home," I spoke softly and helped him up.
I opened the door and the boy from before was still there.
"Thank you, so much for helping Ethan," I said to him.
"No problem man, by the way I'm Theo," I shook his hand and lead Ethan to the car. My arm wrapped around his shoulder and his head resting on mine.

Thanks for reading chapter 9. 1224 words. Xx