Part 16 ~ The End

Grayson's POV

"E-Ethan?" I croaked out. Without a response, I ran over to where he was curled up in the corner and pulled him into the tightest hug. He hugged back weakly and began to cry.
"Hey, hey you're safe now. I got you," I stroked his hair.
I looked over at my dad, who was standing in the door way, as a tear rolled down his cheek. He smiled contently at the two of us.

I lifted Ethan up bridal style and carried him up the basement stairs, my dad following behind us. After laying Ethan on the couch with blankets covering his shivering body, I walked over to my dad.
"Grayson, you've got to know how sorry I am, you're mother forced me and I didn't want to lose her. I love you both so much and you need to look after each other when I'm gone. I hope you can forgive me and maybe even visit me somed-" before he could finish, someone knocked at the door.
"Wait where are you going and who is that?" tears began to brim in my eyes.
"It's the police, Grayson. I've handed me and your mother in,"
"No, no you can't go! We'll have no one, how will we survive? I swear I-I forgive you," I rushed my words due to fear of being alone.
"I've got to go son, but you have Ethan and I've made bank accounts for you. You have plenty money,"
"I love you dad," my voice cracked.
" I love you too and your brother, I'll see you again. I promise,"
And with that, he opened the door and was handcuffed immediately. Another police officer ran upstairs and after a while came back with my mother, hands behind her back and screaming that she was innocent. Once they got her in the car, the woman came back in and asked us some questions aswell as calling an ambulance for Ethan.

It felt as though everything was in slow motion, like some old school movie. Although, this was all terrifyingly real.
"You're gonna be okay, E. I'm never letting you go again. I love you too much," I laced our fingers together and rubbed the pad of my thumb over his delicate hand.
"I love you, Gray. More that I should," he whispered back. Just then sirens came roaring down the street.

Once we arrived at the hospital, I sat in the waiting room, which I had gotten way too used to doing. Fortunately, it didn't take long before I could go to see Ethan.
"How do you feel?"
"Okay," god we're both so bad at small talk.
"Come sit here with me," he patted the spot next to him on his bed so I did as he said. I couldn't resist any longer, I had waited too long to feel his lips on mine. So I leant in, breaking the space between us. He kissed back just as passionately and I had never felt happier. I had just got the man of my dreams back.
" I've missed you so much,"
" God, I missed you too," he replied.
"I know that other people would consider what we have weird, but I just want you to know that I don't care what they think. You make me the happiest man in the world and life was hell without you. So do you want to make this official?"
"Yes, one hundred times yes!" He kissed me again, this time much slower and more filled with love. "Hey, at least we'll never have to tell our parents,"
"Too soon, E, too soon," I laughed.
"You know what's funny; this place is where we first told each other how we felt. And now look at us. We're back yet again, but this time we're here, we made things official. So something good has happened each time I've been in hospital," he explained.

I laid down with Ethan's head on my chest. I love this, I thought. No matter what anyone says I love him more than anything.
"You're perfectly wrong for me Ethan,"